Does RCCL give Military Veterans a discount?

I can't remember how much of a discount Carnival gives but I do remember it was quite a lot. The only thing is that the 3rd and 4th passengers in the cabin actually cost more than if they were booked in a non discounted room.

i thought i saw a military discount for a royal caribbean cruise somewhere.......could be mistaken-

they may only offer this on certain sailings, not all sailings- kind of like the happy hour specials or something...................

would not hurt to ask.....

Does RCCL give this discount like Carnival does?

Anyone know?

I just saw this, and maybe you have gotten the answer.

RCI does give Military discounts on certain cruises.

Have your travel agent ask if they are giving one for your cruises.

I know that the Holland American Line does and they also do for teachers too!

Kuddos to both professions! Protecting our freedom and educating those that take things for granted until they are well informed within our public school systems. \

Tough job for both professions!

Thanks HAL

Carnival offers significant discounts to veterans, not just active duty. Booked Carnival for January Mexican Riviera cruise because of the discount. I called RCCL and asked if they had a similar discount and was told they do not.

Yes, Carnival does give military discounts...we got an excellent one last year on our honeymoon cruise in May.

My husband was a Marine (will always be actually, I stand corrected) and my 20 yr old son just graduated boot camp on Friday from Parris Island, SC...another future Marine. (gosh I am so proud..chokes me up to think about it)

The last I asked...RCCL does NOT give any military discounts. I have asked this question at least 3 times and was always told no.

You would think they would but oh well...

Esmerelda

Yes, Carnival does give military discounts...we got an excellent one last year on our honeymoon cruise in May.

My husband was a Marine (will always be actually, I stand corrected) and my 20 yr old son just graduated boot camp on Friday from Parris Island, SC...another future Marine. (gosh I am so proud..chokes me up to think about it)

The last I asked...RCCL does NOT give any military discounts. I have asked this question at least 3 times and was always told no.

You would think they would but oh well...

Esmerelda

The thing is, the agents at RCI are just putting in the price codes that show up related to a specific travel agency's telephone number. It's entirely possible to book a military discount and not even realize it--from the RCI agent's perspective, it's just a matter of choosing the lowest code that shows up. There are military rates on certain cruises, but there's no certain dollar off type of discount that's available on every cruise from every travel agency.

Carnival on selected rooms/cruises has the best military prices VS RCI on selected rooms/cruises has the best 55+ prices. RCI military prices are not as good as Carnival military prices. Anyway we never found any, and we look weekly. Limited amount of rooms for each cruise line, book early. We check prices just about every week, Carnival had a 7 day military price for $467.00 for a balcony.:eek: That was for about two weeks then went to $720.00. Its pays to play on the puter. Just never know what is out there. Air is whats going nuts. Sometimes I wish I lived in Florida. Only sometimes. :D

I'll have my TA call on Monday.

Carnival has a military quota on each cruise (Depending on the popularity of that cruise)

First come has the best shot till it is closed.

My Carnival Cruise is closed now but I booked it over a year prior & my TA didn't say anything, maybe at the time it was open. I did get a past passenger rate & I'm satisfied with the price. (although another $100 or so never hurt)

I spoke to Carnival & they said they don't combine the two but the Veterans rate is usually better.

Carnival & RCCL have Stockholder Shipboard Credit of $100 per cabin (for 100 shares or over) which you can get regardless of any other discount. I've used this over a dozen times on all Carnival brands.

Foxey,

Have you noticed an improvement in the Carnival food over the recent years as their marketing as promoted? My last Carnival cruise was 15 or more years ago on the Ecstasy.

We have been on 68 cruises & my wife refused to go on Carnival.

We had to make arrangements to take my family on a spring break cruise about 6 years ago, & the Carnival Victory was the only one that fit everyone's plans.

My wife & the family loved it & we have been on 4 more carnival cruises since then. Also on the Voyager of the Seas which cost 50% more.

I find nothing wrong with food (in fact there are some things that are the best of any ship)

My brother took his family & complained for a year about the food. But went again 2 years later.

My granddaughters are vegetarians so it is a waste of money on that end! , but they never complained...

Everytime we are planning a cruise, I check Rccl. I have yet to find a good deal. It seems that they only give the Military discounts on slow selling cruises or those that are fairly short notice. If you book fairly far in advance, that (early booking) price is usually better than any Military discount. As example, for the Med on Voyager, the Military price for this Oct is more by several hundred dollars pp than I have for next year at the same time, by booking early. The Military rate has not been showing for very long. I guess if you can or want go short notice you might find a deal using the Mil discount.

Carnival is pretty much the opposite. You usually need to book early to get the Military discount. It has been rare that I have not been able to get the discount on any Carnival cruise I wanted. I book early, if it is not available I book anyway and my PVP adjusts the price when the discount becomes available for my cruise.

We have a Carnival cruise booked through our travel agent and could not believe we got $500 ea. ($1,000) off for veteran's discount (you only need 2 year's service with honorable discharge). My husband was discharged in 1959. I felt like we won the lottery. My travel agent asked if he had served in the military. We sent her copies of his discharge papers. This is our 11th cruise (only second on Carnival) and this is the first we knew of this discount. I just booked another cruise with the same agent for an RCCL cruise in 2008 and she said RCCL told her they knew nothing of Veteran's discounts. My TA said to wait until the cruise got closer and she would inquire again. Needless to say, I will be looking for a Carnival cruise I like next time I book. Both lines are very similar!

PS: The cruise that has the veteran's discount is for a suite...originally $3,526 for both of us and was reduced to $2,526!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I know. I have been to that website, and it is very clear. Apparently, Carnival is the only cruiseline that gives discounts to "veterans." You do not have to be active or retired; you just have to have served a minimum of two years with an honorable discharge. All the other cruiselines give discounts only to those who are active now or who have retired from the military!

Archived