N.O. Walk to Port?

My6Dogs

Right out the back of the hotel, through the mall. then out the back side of the food court area to the riverwalk. Once outside you can see the Dream down some steps, if you are indeed on the dream. Not sure on any other ships.

Dream it is!

Sounds like we will walk!

Mike

• 2 weeks later...

Did this this past January. Stay inside hotel and follow signs to Riverwalk mall. Go to the food court and take the outside exit at back of food court . Just outside take the elevator to the street level. Turn left, walk across the street (over railroad tracts) and enter the terminal. It will cost $8.pp to take a taxi to terminal.

Did this this past January. Stay inside hotel and follow signs to Riverwalk mall. Go to the food court and take the outside exit at back of food court . Just outside take the elevator to the street level. Turn left, walk across the street (over railroad tracts) and enter the terminal. It will cost $8.pp to take a taxi to terminal.

Thanks for the info!

There will be 8 of us so that is pretty good incentive to just walk it!

Mike

• 1 month later...

The convention center is between your hotel and where you need to be to check in. Cars/Taxi/shuttles, etc go around the end of the convention center that is near Mardi Gras World (the end to the right if facing Convention center from in front of your hotel). You could walk to the left to the Julia Street red light and come around the convention center that way. That is the way we walked back from our cruise last month.

It isn't really designed for pedistrians, as there is no sidewalk and the road is rather narrow, but it was easy. We had parked at Fulton's Parking Garage. I suggest looking at a map if you haven't already. If "John Churchill Chase Station" comes up on your map, that is the general area that you need to be for check in. And there is no way to walk through the convention center - have to go around (best I could tell, anyway!)

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
I'm assuming you could still walk this route if you stayed at the Hampton Inn across the street? thx!

If you haven't cruised already, the Hampton Inn offers a complimentary shuttle to the cruise port on a first come, first serve basis. When you check in, let them know that you need a transfer to the cruise terminal and they will see what times / slots are still available. Good luck!

It is possible to walk all the way through the Convention Center, provided there is an event that day, but there probably is one every day. I was there on Friday and we were pretty much the only group there. We walked from the entrance at Gate F to Gate I and barely passed anyone until we got to the location of our meeting.

Through the CC, you'll have to exit at the West (uptown) end of the center, and fight the traffic going around the flood wall and into the parking lot. Going through the Riverwalk is your best bet. A taxi from the Hilton is going put you in stop and go traffic with the meter running.

When we cruised, we chose to park in the port garage and pay the bit extra. The porters took our luggage on the second floor, then we parked higher. We walked straight into the terminal and checked in. Check in was much better in 2014 than it was previously.

• 2 weeks later...