River cruise/bike tour in Provence?

PhoenixDogMom

Are there any river cruises in the Provence area that also incorporate biking? We'd like to bike during the day around Arles, Avignon, etc., then sleep on the boat at night, but I can't seem to find any cruises that incorporate those two aspects.

I August we are going on the Amadagio with APT which is the Australian "Arm" of Amawaterways on the Rhone and there are bikes on offer for guests to use. I don't know about organised rides but if they are there I'm sure you can use them whenever the boat is docked. I think I read somewhere that the crew are very helpful with suggested routes etc however I think that was on the Rhine part of our trip. We are keen to use the bikes too.

Are there any river cruises in the Provence area that also incorporate biking? We'd like to bike during the day around Arles, Avignon, etc., then sleep on the boat at night, but I can't seem to find any cruises that incorporate those two aspects.

We are on an AMA river cruise this month from Lyon to Arles. Bikes are available on the boat, but the cruise is not focused on biking. DW and I are avid road bikers and ride about 120 miles a week. I have seen other barge and biking tours in the Loire Valley of France, but they are VERY expensive.

Archived