Pullmantur

keltic

Tha company is presenting officially their summer season. I know there are some cruisers interested in sailing under Spanish style. I have traslated the piece of information.

Madrid 30th March 2011. Pullmantur, the leading cruise company in Spain, has just launched its cruising season, with an interesting set of inteneraries and destinations, always with the best cruising experience, high quality in the services and all inclusive, system in which the company is the absolute leader. It´s time to enjoy and relax in the Mediterrenaean, Baltic, European North Atlantic Coast, or the Caribbean, on board any of its spectacular vessels, and offering different alternatives for families, couples, or friends. As usual, the company is launching new iniciatives, like "Pullmantur piensa en ti". "Anticipate al verano", which allows the cruisers to have a great vacation at the best price.

From march 28th to april the 10th, cruisers will be able to enjoy huge discounts up to 47% over the brochure price. On the other hand the company will give a complimentary SPA pass to the first 1000 bookings. The routes will be:

-Brisas del Mediterréneo: From March to November, on board the Sovereing, Pullmantur´s flagship, the company is offering eight days cruises from Barcelona, calling at Villefranche (Mónaco y Montecarlo), Livorno (Florence/Pisa), Civitavecchia (Rome), Naples and Sicilly (until the 27th of August) or La Goullette (Tunisia) (from the 16th of April). Prices start at 594 euros (plus 175 euros taxes, subject to availability). All inclusive.

-Rondó Veneciano: From March to September on board the Zenith. Seven nights cruises starting in Athens or Ravenna, and calling at Katakolon, Dubrovnik y Venice. More calls at the Greek Islands like Mykonos, Santorini and Corfú will be added. Prices start at 902 euros (plus 180 euros taxes, subject to availability) all inclusive. Prices include flights from Madrid or Barcelona.

-Greek Islands and Turkey: Eight nights on board the Horizon, from Athens calling at Santorini, Rodas, Izmir (Éfeso), Istambul and Mykonos. Starting at 952 euros (plus 180 euros taxes and subject to availability), all inclusive. Operating from July to September 2011. The prices include flights from Madrid and Barcelona

-Encantos de Canarias: April is the time for the Canary Islands. On board the Empress, it´s possible to visit Tenerife, Las Palmas, Lanzarote and Funchal, besides calling at Agadir (Morocco) and Casablanca. Prices start at 546 euros (plus 180 euros taxes, subject to availability) all inclusive including flights from Madrid to Tenerife.

-Baltic Capitals: From May to September, this cruise is the perfect choice to visit Copenhague and Helsinki, cities to embark and disembarg. Callings will include Berlin (for the first time in Pullmantur), Stockholm, Tallín and Saint Petersburg On board the Empress prices will start at 955 euros (plus 180 euros of taxes, subject to availability), all inclusive, as well as flights from Madrid and Barcelona.

-Escapadas del Atlántico: During 4 and 5 days ‘Escapadas al Atlántico’ is the perfect short break. From Barcelona or Malaga this cruise is the best choice for visiting Tangier (Morocco) and Portimão (Algarve - Portugal) from Octubre to November 2011. From 279 euros (Plus 100 euros taxes, subject to availability), all inclusive.

About Pullmantur

Pullmantur, leading tour operator in Spain, offers cruises and tours. The company employs 6.000 proffesionals, handles 1 million passengers a year, and has the 45% of the cruising market in Spain and Portugal. Branches in México, Portugal, and France -where operates under Croisières de France- and now in Brasil. Pullmantur Air owns 4 Boeing 747-400 with 500 seats. Grupo Pullmantur has been incorporated by Royal Caribbean Cruise Lines, en november 2006.

For further information: http://www.pullmantur.es

Source: http://www.waveandwind.net/2011/03/comienzan-la-temporada-europea-de.html?showComment=1301912516205#c8481477397493111578

keltic:

Just a heads up for anyone reading this thread. On receiving today the weekly newsletter from one of the largest on line cruise sellers in the US, they are now selling all the Pullmantur ships on their English language site and not only on their Spanish site. Sure makes it easier to book one of Pullmantur's all-inclusive cruises on this side of the Atlantic.

I am really glad of hearing that. They are at last aware of the importance of the foreigner market as a good complement for their Spanish clientele.

• 2 weeks later...

Well hard to say. It depends on how well you could live with Spaniards for a whole week. We tend to be very open minded, too friendly, love fiesta and having fun. I would put pullmantur a step down, but not in terms of service or food comparing the companies you mention, but on ship age.

Ships are well manteined, quite in good shape, and being an all inclusive the relation quality price is second to none. Crews are really friendly. I think it´s a good choice, but only if you can travel in an international enviroment different to doing it on an American ship. They own mainly former Royal Caribbean and Celebrity ships like the Empress, Sovereign, Zenith or Horizon among others.

Well hard to say. It depends on how well you could live with Spaniards for a whole week. We tend to be very open minded, too friendly, love fiesta and having fun. I would put pullmantur a step down, but not in terms of service or food comparing the companies you mention, but on ship age.

Ships are well manteined, quite in good shape, and being an all inclusive the relation quality price is second to none. Crews are really friendly. I think it´s a good choice, but only if you can travel in an international enviroment different to doing it on an American ship. They own mainly former Royal Caribbean and Celebrity ships like the Empress, Sovereign, Zenith or Horizon among others.

Thank you for the information. Hard to find .

We booked the Horizon out of Cozumel in June. We are american but have lived in Belize for almost three years.

Some of the reasons we like this are the value of all inclusive, the low cost to get to Cozumel for us and we are looking forward to the on-board experience.

We ate two couples visiting St Petersburg Russia May 22 &23, 2011 and have arranged a two day tour, tailered to the ship schedule.

We are interested in finding others that would like to join us.

I sent Pullmantur some questions.

Hello. We are booked on the Horizon out of Cozumel on June 5th 2011.

I have a few questions. I find it hard to get any information.

I see conflicting sailing times on the cruise contract. Is sailing at 10pm or 8pm?

What time is the earliest we can board the ship?

Can we bring a bottle of rum with us to drink in our cabin?

Can we bring alcohol purchased in port to our cabin?

Is a collared shirt and tie with NO jacket acceptable in the dinning room?

Thank you for trusting Pullmantur, we work every day to improve our quality of service.

According to the comments received, please note that we need the following information in order to process your claim properly:

Boarding time at 10.00pm. Embarkation time: between 5 hours and 2 hours before the boarding

You can buy all you need outside of the vessel but don't forget that you have the drinks in ALL INCLUSIVE on board (soft drinks and alcoholic drinks)

For the dinner, it's not necessary to wear a jacket, only we have prohibited shorts, swin suits and similar ( but with jeans and tshirt it's ok).

We remind you that we are on your entire disposal for any clarification on the telephone number

this is the reply.

Yes, you don´t really need to bring anything in. Brands (drinks spirits and so on) in Pullmantur are quite good. Remember that Spaniards have a deep tradition in producing wines, lovely spirits, delightfull sparking wines like cava. So you won´t feel disappointed with drinks consumed on board. You have the option of paying for selected brands, and cheaper than the ones purchased ashore. I do agree with Pullmantur views.

About dress code. They are flexible. It´s a popular cruising brand, not stiff at all, it´s the caribbean so don´t worry about not bringing too formal clothes on board. No tuxedos, and not wearing ties in the dinning room in the gala nights is fine. You will see about 70% ties, and the rest no ties at all. And in the other days, just long trousers and shirts or even polo necks ones. Most passengers even use jeans at a regular basis at night. I am boarding next friday on the Empress.

We are on same ship from 14th May

Anyone joining us

Have you located the terminal the ship leaves from in Copenhagen

Hi Worldtraveller. am ot on your trip,but came across this site,Im.in Gosport.interested in Pullmantur cruise,to Adriatic.cant find any ifo in English,can you let me know where you managed to find & book cruise.there is talk on here of an english site.but can,t find it.so any help will do.Hope you have a great cruise.I have just got back from.RCC Brilliance Dubi India was different. I have found the Spanish itinery .oh do you arrange your own flights also. thank you.:confused:

Just returned from Empress (getting off in Paris). I have some pics of the ship in my blog.

http://www.waveandwind.net/2011/05/empress-de-pullmantur.html

I loved every bit of it. I wonder why these guys can do it, and their current prices. The ship although it´s rather old, it´s quite well maintained. Not neglected corners,. Some scars of course, but it´s still a delightfull vessel. A kind of baby Royal Caribbean. Where everything started. Windjammer called Panorama Buffet, Schooner called Embarcadero.....

Buffet was a bit basic but everything absolutely tastefull for a generalist cruise company. Sometimes it´s busy, but I didn´t find any trouble with finding a seat. The main restaurant (Miramar) is scenic. Waiters usually speak English and food is simply great. I have cruised in most luxury cruise companies, and I have to say, that some meals could match absolutely well to Seabourn, Silversea and so on. Bit exagerating¡. No really.

Shows are basic, too orientated to the Spanish clientele. You could avoid them. It´s a kind of a sort of mixed things. Ilusionism, tropical music, Broadway style, humor, and so on. Not that bad. Drinks are all inclusive and coffee is absolutely great in the Plaza Café. Italian Lavazza Style. The best of all Capitan Alberto Palacios. Probably one the most friendly one ever. The worst thing: cabins. Being an old ship and despite everything is in good state. They are small, and bathrooms are really tiny.

Great short time on the Empress.

• 10 months later...
  • 2 months later...

We are a gaycouple from Holland .

My name is Ron and my friends nam is Bas

we are making the same cruise as you in September.

from 18 september till 30 september on the Empress

We are boarding in Ijmuiden Holland on 18th of september

We are visiting La Coruna at 23 september.

Archived