Airport transfers

Irina

I'm sure this has been asked many times, but is it better to take a taxi or private car from airport to hotel? There are 4 of us with luggage. Can anyone recommend a driver or car service?

Thanks!

You can take a standard taxi for about €25-30. For 4 people with luggage you may need a larger, van type, taxi which costs €2.10 extra. You may have to wait longer for one of these to become available. These prices are for weekdays after 8am. The fares are slightly higher at weekends and before 8am.

If you want to pre-order a car I would recommend BCN Travel. A car for 4 people (1 bag per person) is €48 or a larger vehicle for €69.

• 3 weeks later...
Hello, when we did our Transpacific, we used Autos Vilar for both our transportation from the airport to hotel and to the cruise terminal. http://www.autosvilar.com/ We had 12 of us and cost us 10 euros each including all luggage.

Thank you for the recommendation. We used them and were very happy.mtheymdid not require prepayment.

Where are you staying?

If you're near Placa Catalunya, the Aerobus is cheap and quick. If you're anywhere near any of the train stations, there's that too.

Kind of an impossible question to answer without knowing all the details.

• 2 weeks later...

Was just there. I'm pretty sure the stated rate @ the taxi area outside the ship is 35 Euros to the airport. (Not sure the cost before 8am). Thanks to everyone who made recommendations here!

For my recent cruise, while our airline tix home were booked, there was a slight possibility we could upgrade our frequent flyer awards, which would have meant a later flight. For this reason, I didn't pre-book our ship's airport transfer. HAL assured me this could be done on board. The ship overnighted in Barcelona the night prior to disembarkation, but for some reason once on board they weren't selling transfers for flights prior to 11:30am (or that's what I was told on board, even though their materials stated that for our cruise, the flight could be as early as 7am. Sure enough, they did have buses running when we disembarked! Don't know where the disconnect was, but spoke with other passengers who said the bus wasn't anywhere near full....it worked out, though, saving us almost 1/2 the cost).

Thankfully, a few days prior to the end of our cruise, I had WiFi and came here to CC first. I went with BCN travel & was even able to chat with a live rep. They sent a cab, which was 28 Euros total for 2, including 1 suitcase & hand luggage each (although when you book the shared option, you understand you may have others in your vehicle. But it was just us in a regular cab). We left about 6:55am & arrived at BCN around 7:15am. VERY pleased!

Edited by syesmar