Cruise unavailable on X website, but selling thru agents ?

downundermatt

Am considering the November 23 Eclipse Sailing from Miami, for days it is available only thru Travel Agents but unavailable on the Celebrity website.

Am thinking its fairly full, because it is a lot more expensive than the identical two December Sailings (over the holiday period)

I know the first cruise is over Thanksgiving, but am I missing something ?

Just wondering why Travel Agents are selling the cruise, and Celebrity are not - hope it won't be chartered or in dry dock ?

Am considering the November 23 Eclipse Sailing from Miami, for days it is available only thru Travel Agents but unavailable on the Celebrity website.

Am thinking its fairly full, because it is a lot more expensive than the identical two December Sailings (over the holiday period)

Just wondering why Travel Agents are selling the cruise, and Celebrity are not - hope it won't be chartered or in dry dock ?

Are you only looking for a specific stateroom category, or trying to book more than 2 passengers in a cabin?

For November 23, 2014, for 2 people the Celebrity website is currently showing availability in all categories except Aqua Class and Ocean View, which appear to be sold out.

Also not available within the Suite category are PH and S1,

or Veranda categories 1B and 2D.

All 3 concierge levels (C1, C2, and C3) are showing availability at present.

Whoops, just noticed that you are in Australia, so it could be that the Australia version of their website displays differently than the US version.

Are you able to access http://www.celebritycruises.com

which is where I see them?

Edited by fleckle

Last year we wanted badly to cruise the solstice from Australia to Hawaii.

Alas, there were no cabins available. Occasionally a suite would appear, then disappear, but NOTHING else. On our roll call however, folks reported LOTS of cabins available from TA's.

It seems they reserved large blocks of cabins. Near final payment though, celebrity finally had cabins in inventory. For us, however that was too late.

So, I guess, this is not unusual.

Some travel agencies plan their own itinerary that combines a listed cruise along with their own added features and benefits. The agency usually has a block of cabins selected, too. In your case, Celebrity may only know that the agency has a reservation or hold but they would have no details on the agency's unique extras. In some cases the private agent's arrangements may be a good deal and have better benefits than a direct sale from Celebrity. It's a matter of who you like and trust and the fees and offers.

Hi Matt,

I'm booked on this sailing, and there are cabins available on Celebrity's website, and other TA sites. I do not pay attention to group bookings, but I suspect this sailing is a bit pricier due to it being the first Caribbean sailing of the season, and, that it sails over Thanksgiving.

I highly doubt at this late stage, there will be any charter or drydock. Hope this helps !

Thanks Andy and all for your explanations - its still not for sale on the local website - will keep hunting around -

We arrive on the Eclipse 23 November, and were looking onto our first B2B, still we have some other interesting options that weekend.

And Andy, maybe just see you on board .....

Edited by downundermatt

Thanks Andy and all for your explanations - its still not for sale on the local website - will keep hunting around -

We arrive on the Eclipse 23 November, and were looking onto our first B2B, still we have some other interesting options that weekend.

And Andy, maybe just see you on board .....

Why don't you book it through the USA TA websites that have it available?

I can see insides from $1649 + $116 tax

Balconies 2C from $2229 + $ 116 tax = $2345

All US $$ of course but on the site I use you would get free grats, free beverage pkg (and probably some OBC) with that. I would bet anything that even if it was available on the Australian site or through an Aussie TA it will be a lot more than that.

It looks like prices have dropped in the last month or two for those categories but they are still higher than their lowest point.

Edit. Just check Aussie TA sites $2568 for a balcony so much the same price but I am not sure if 1,2,3 go is still on and even if so you would only get either the drinks or the grats and probably no extra OBC.

Just checked and one US TA is giving ALL THREE grats, drinks and OBC perks for this cruise at the prices above.

Edited by woodyren