okay so this isn't about HAL but....

bermuda triangle

My husband has a hard sided case, we jokingly call it the coffin. It's fairly big and cumbersome, it does have wheels but it's tough to manuever. Also, it almost always gets searched by TSA, they rearrange his clubs which freaks him out. Anyway, never had any problems with damaged clubs.

We used to go to Bermuda to golf a couple times a year. I can tell you the cab drivers absolutely hated it when we would arrive with our hard sided cases. The called them "torpedo launchers". We went out and bought soft-sides cases because we heard so many complaints from them. In their defense...they were hard to pack in the cabs, took up a lot of space in the hotel rooms and at home for storage. The soft sided ones were easier to deal with and protected the clubs just as well. I think they were called Club Gloves.

Loved golfing in Bermuda. Favorite course was Port Royal - right next to Pompano Beach Club where we loved staying. First trip to Bermuda was by cruiseline.

Happy Golfing:)

We have used the soft bags for travel to Hawaii for over 12 years. I recommend you use the canvas ones rather than the vinyl, which can tear. Also, we wrap the clubheads in beach towels to protect them. We put our golf shoes in the bags too. But remember to remove your plastic bottles of sunscreen and bug repellent. They have a tendancy to be broken during handling. Hint: don't take too many balls - you will want to buy them at the courses you play as mementos. Bermuda has some neat golf courses - enjoy.

Thank you all so much for your advice. I was concerned with club safety if we went with soft sided bags. I also noticed the double hard case, but it weighs 30 lbs without clubs in it.

I love Bermuda, I've never had the opportunity to golf there though. We are still debating about bringing the clubs or not. We are there for 4 nights and my other half is coming from a grueling work schedule, so if he isn't going to golf, I don't intend to. It will only be his 2nd time there, the first being on his first cruise this past June, for a day. So there are many things he wants to see (e.g. the beach, the beach, the beach ;), the caves). If we were there longer we would bring the clubs for sure. It may end up being just the tennis gear this trip though....

Thank you again!

Laura

Archived