Viking Grand European Sept. 2015

Millepen

Prague is very nice, you can do it on your own very easily! I don't know if you can do a post cruise stay there. My brother and I spent about 4 days there before they hooked onto the E.U. when things were very cheap. I don't know what it is like now, but we both enjoyed ourselves there.

We did a Viking cruise a couple of years ago and started with a couple of nights in Prague. It is a great city to visit, and there is a lot to see, but I suspect that by the end of your cruise you will be "All Cathedraled Out" as someone on our cruise eloquently put it.

The included tours on a Viking cruise are excellent, but all those castles, churches, and civic buildings do tend to blur into one another. If you do go to Prague, choose what you plan to do carefully. You can easily spend a few very pleasant days just strolling along the river banks, exploring the old city and enjoying some of the many cafes and restaurants. One of my strongest memories is a conversation with the tour guide who took us round the castle - she talked about the transition from Communist restrictions (iron curtain times) and the amazing feeling of freedom. She said that she had never expected that she would be able to just catch a plane to anywhere she chose. Made us appreciate our freedoms a little more.