What happened to the Le Club Voyage announcement?

Jb-lhr

Celebrity's Captain's Club has been 'revamped', and a mid-month announcement re: the changes to Azamara's version was promised. So far, nothing. I don't mind, but would love to know whether the current 'reciprocity' will remain or whether Le Club Voyage will be spun off as a separate entity as has often been talked about. What about the two new levels? In short, some news would be great ... please.

I'll post what I know based on an email response from Le Club Voyage.

Points will be awarded as follows:

Stateroom Category Points Per Day

Club Interior & Club Oceanview 2

Club Veranda 3

Club Continent Suites 8

Club Ocean & Club World Owner Suites 18

LCV Membership Level Points Required

Preview 0

Adventurer up to 149

Explorer 150 - 309

Discoverer 310 - 749

Discoverer Plus 750 - 2999

Discoverer Platinum 3000 plus

Nothing yet on the perqs at each level. Point allocation seems out of line, as Club Continent Suites typically cost about 15-20% more than Verandas yet give 167% more points.:eek:

would love to know whether the current 'reciprocity' will remain or whether Le Club Voyage will be spun off as a separate entity as has often been talked about.

Since we are joining the Quest on Saturday, hoping no news is good news and our points will count for both lines, but not holding our breath.

I'll post what I know based on an email response from Le Club Voyage.

Points will be awarded as follows:

Stateroom Category Points Per Day

Club Interior & Club Oceanview 2

Club Veranda 3

Club Continent Suites 8

Club Ocean & Club World Owner Suites 18

LCV Membership Level Points Required

Preview 0

Adventurer up to 149

Explorer 150 - 309

Discoverer 310 - 749

Discoverer Plus 750 - 2999

Discoverer Platinum 3000 plus

Nothing yet on the perqs at each level. Point allocation seems out of line, as Club Continent Suites typically cost about 15-20% more than Verandas yet give 167% more points.:eek:

Interesting. Do you know how they will convert our existing cruises?

Celebrity's Captain's Club has been 'revamped', and a mid-month announcement re: the changes to Azamara's version was promised. So far, nothing. I don't mind, but would love to know whether the current 'reciprocity' will remain or whether Le Club Voyage will be spun off as a separate entity as has often been talked about.

Already addresses the issue of reciprocity between Azamara's Le Club Voyage [including allusion to the two new levels of membership for which benefits have not yet been defined], Celebrity's Captain's Club [as revised last month], and Royal Caribbean's Crown & Anchor Society...

You wil find full details--defined when Celebrity changed its program a month ago on 25 November--via the following web link...

http://www.celebritycruises.com/captainsclub/membershipBenefits.do?pagename=cc_benefits&cS=SIDENAV

Upon reaching the web page, click on the link at the bottom right corner entitled "Captain's Club Terms & Conditions" [and tab down]...

It would appear that reciprocity as we have known it--redefined to consider two new membership levels within Le Club Voyage and Captain's Club--and cross accumulation of Cruise Points between Azamara and Celebrity is alive and well... Further, it appears as though the different relationship between both lines/their loyalty programs remain unchanged from past practice relative to Royal Caribbean/Crown & Anchor [no cross accumulation of Cruise Points and static reciprocity level]...

Edited by Xport

Interesting. Do you know how they will convert our existing cruises?

Converted Azamara cruises in the same way that they converted Celebrity cruises [30 new Cruise Points per old Cruise Credit]...

Per my post above, it appears as though Le Club Voyage and Captain's Club will continue to track together...

Converted Azamara cruises in the same way that they converted Celebrity cruises [30 new Cruise Points per old Cruise Credit]...

Per my post above, it appears as though Le Club Voyage and Captain's Club will continue to track together...

Do you know this as fact? Since they only have 2 ships, it is much more difficult to accumulate cruises on their brand. 30 points per old cruise credit seems low.

Since we always traveled in Suites, we would really be shorted on that conversion. It was also our impression from discussions with staff that they were going to be separated from Celebrity points once the new club came into effect. That is why there is a "disclaimer" on the Celebrity site about earning points on both lines...

Edited by Phxazzcruisers

Yesterday, I got my confirmation for the Cruise Critic meet and greet. I followed the following URL that was on the email

www.azamaracruises.com/captainsclub

and the page told me I was Elite (which I am on Celebrity). I guess some changes are being made.

I wonder if they have changed everyone over. I would have been Discoverer on Azamara.

The web site for Le Club Voyage still has the old levels.

Edited by Kellie Poodle

Do you know this as fact? Since they only have 2 ships, it is much more difficult to accumulate cruises on their brand. 30 points per old cruise credit seems low.

Since we always traveled in Suites, we would really be shorted on that conversion. It was also our impression from discussions with staff that they were going to be separated from Celebrity points once the new club came into effect. That is why there is a "disclaimer" on the Celebrity site about earning points on both lines...

Hi Phxazzcruisers,

Other than what Bill mentioned in one of his earlier posts, I wouldn't assume much else. Regarding conversion, my previous Azamara cruises were shown as tier credits on the old Captains Club program. Each of the old tier credits were converted to 30 new points in the new program.

As others have mentioned, we hope to hear further details in January. Hope this helps, and Happy Holidays !

Edited by Host Andy

Hi Phxazzcruisers,

Other than what Bill mentioned in one of his earlier posts, I wouldn't assume much else. Regarding conversion, my previous Azamara cruises were shown as tier credits on the old Captains Club program. Each of the old tier credits were converted to 30 new points in the new program.

As others have mentioned, we hope to hear further details in January. Hope this helps, and Happy Holidays !

Yes, thanks Andy. I saw that on Celebrity, but I was hoping conversion would be different for Le Club Voyage unless they also count previous Celebrity Cruises into their new beginning balance.

No use fretting now. Will wait until January

Happy holidays to you and your family

Regarding conversion, my previous Azamara cruises were shown as tier credits on the old Captains Club program. Each of the old tier credits were converted to 30 new points in the new program.

Is the same as I noted above and as cited by Andy in terms of conversion of Azamara Cruise Credits to Cruise Points... As such, I'd think it fact...

Edited by Xport

Is the same as I noted above and as cited by Andy in terms of conversion of Azamara Cruise Credits to Cruise Points... As such, I'd think it fact...

Yes, I know that they were converted on the Celebrity program. My question is whether we will get initial credit for Celebrity cruises when Azamara converts to their own program or if we will only get credit for past Azamara cruises. Just because Celebrity gave us credit for past Azamara cruises doesn't necessarily mean we will get credit on Le Club Voyage for past Celebrity cruises.

With their tiers I would hope so, but on previous voyages on Azamara, the Le Club Hostess and ship awarded frequent cruisers based solely on Azamara past cruises, not counting Celebrity. She also stated that, in the future, the points would be separate. I know that is not gospel, but I was just curious is anyone knew for sure what was happening.

I will wait for the formal announcement in January. Happy holidays all

I suspect the IT will not allow different conversion rates. When I look at our conversions, 16 night cruises on Azamara in a suite have been converted at the same measly rate 90 points as 12 nights in a concierge on Celebrity so we tactically would have been better to have saved money and stayed away from Azamara and now appeared on the new methods of calculation to try them. We converted over at 1580 points, if the new calculation method had applied to our Azamara from when we started with them, we would have been well over 2200 points

Maybe some "booster points" for those with Azamara cruises in their history would be welcomed by many

Edited by uktog

With their tiers I would hope so, but on previous voyages on Azamara, the Le Club Hostess and ship awarded frequent cruisers based solely on Azamara past cruises, not counting Celebrity. She also stated that, in the future, the points would be separate.

We have been on Azamara three times. Every time we were honored as the top cruiser based on the number of Captains Club credits we had. The last two times another cruiser who had the most Azamara sailings was also honored. Don't know if they have or will change this procedure in the future.

It will be interesting to see what benefits Azamara gives those of us who are Zenith on Celebity:)

I do not think it is fair or right to be honor for being on Celebrity while visiting Azamara. I had top cruiser three times based on being on Azamara.

I am Elite. Plus with Celebrity but not sure yet what I am with Azamara. Since I have 16 cruises but do not always know how many days it makes it hard to guess.

Since I would be happy with a free massage or something close I would be happy with that .

We can all wait and see..

Robin at present if you read Bills earlier post you will be Discoverer Plus on Azamara

And a general observation

It seems on this and the Celebrity Boards some of the biggest gripes are around top cruiser status. IMHO this is a dated activity and is not entirely sensitive to the circumstances of most cruisers. There is often too close a correlation between top and disposable income. I think they should do away with these public recognitions and allow on Azamara the Captain to chose the most appropriate way to recognise loyalty privately.

After all when I go on a plane, the most frequent flyer is not paraded through the plane or the most regular guest walked around a hotel lobby

We have been that top cruiser once on X (strange cruise mostly Spanish and 1st time ex p and o cruisers, otherwise we are never near the top) so this post is not made out of jealousy rather it's a reflection on what now seems especially on X to be almost a war between some folks

Edited by uktog

I really hope the Azamara board avoids all the top cruiser/top level chatter that seems to be exhibited on the Celebrity board. It just fuels unnecessary angst for new cruisers worried about an elitist atmosphere on ships, which is far from the truth. Some are just more fortunate to be able to cruise more often than others. Be inwardly thankful and humble and grateful for the wonderful service onboard. That's all that is necessary.

Phil

Good afternoon everyone! Here's some information about Le Club Voyage from Signe, Azamara's Director of Global Marketing:

Dear Cruise Critic and Le Club Voyage Members,

I am not sure if you are aware, but Bill Leiber has taken ill again, and is not available right now to respond on Cruise Critic. So until he is back and ready to review and respond to your comments, we - the Azamara team and Andy, our Cruise Critic Host - will follow the Azamara threads and respond as needed.

As for the changes in Le Club Voyage, I can provide you with the following update: As you are all very familiar with the RCCL family of cruise lines, many of you realize that we (Azamara Club Cruises) are tied to Celebrity's Captain's Club program and their loyalty tier structure, so some changes have taken place as to how your records are being calculated. As some of the members on this thread has indicated, we have therefore also re-structured the loyalty program to the points by day system rather than the credits by voyage. We are in the process of creating the communication to all club members as we speak, and it will be arriving in your email inboxes in mid-January. That email will tell you what level you are in the new hierarchy, as well as how many points you will have in the new program. If you are sailing between now and the time you receive that email, the ships staff will have the new information.

In the meantime, below is a summary of the changes that have been made:

Stateroom Category — Points per Day

Club Interior & Club Oceanview — 2

Club Veranda — 3

Club Continent Suites — 8

Club Ocean and Club World Owner Suites — 18

Membership Level — Points Needed

Adventurer (after 1st voyage) — Up to 149

Explorer — 150 – 309

Discoverer — 310 – 749

Discoverer Plus — 750 – 2,999

Discoverer Platinum — 3,000 Plus

At this point, the benefits of the program - including the reciprocity between Royal and Celebrity - will stay the same for Le Club Voyage. The 3 Discoverer tiers in terms of benefits will continue to be handled as the current Discoverer level. However, we are working on changes to the benefits, we are currently planning to launch these in the 2nd quarter of 2014 - around Azamara Club Cruises 4th anniversary!

We wish you a continued wonderful Holiday Season, and all the best for 2014.

Kind regards,

Signe Bjorndal

Director of Global Marketing

If someone has achieved Discoverer status on Azamara, can that status be reduced when the new system is implemented?

It appears so. I just made Elite on Celebrity via my Azamara voyages but under the formula AzamaraJoel posted above I would not only not be Discoverer on ACC but would in fact be demoted in Explorer level points. I am baffled but it appears ACC are committed to circling the bowl. It appears ACC Miami are run by RCCL 20 year old student apprentices. :(

Edited by flyingshoes

If someone has achieved Discoverer status on Azamara, can that status be reduced when the new system is implemented?

Hi Taxjam,

From what little I've heard, I doubt anyone's level will be reduced. I will ask, and see what I can find out.

Edited by Host Andy

It appears so. I just made Elite on Celebrity via my Azamara voyages but under the formula AzamaraJoel posted above I would not only not be Discoverer on ACC but would in fact be demoted in Explorer level points. I am baffled but it appears ACC are committed to circling the bowl. It appears ACC Miami are run by RCCL 20 year old student apprentices. :(

Not quite sure of the 10 point discrepancy between Azamara Discoverer and Celebrity Elite tiers, but with the reciprocity that exists between the two lines your Elite status on Celebrity would have you at Discoverer on Azamara automatically I would think.

Phil