BOGO Sale!!

ronbarb

We just booked the Panama Canal for Feb, 2016 and got a great promotional sale! Buy one, get one half off. We have loved our 4 Azamara cruises, but moved to Princess recently- itineraries we wanted at a great price. We already booked a Princess cruise to Panama for 2016 and then decided, what the heck, let's see what Azamara offered. Cannot turn it down! We booked an aft suite, and I don't know the details on what the promotion offers as far as cabin location. But definitely check it out!!

Ok...as we suspected the new promotion appears to be 50% off guest. Would have been great at the prices posted a couple of weeks ago but not at the new ones. It would end up more than we paid under the upgrade promotion.

Before anyone gets too excited and reads this as a "real" BOGO (buy one, get one free), read it carefully. It's buy one, get the second for half price. Minimal math skills would indicate this is a 25% off sale. Better than nothing, I guess. Of course, if prices are raised in anticipation of this offer, it is worth less than that.

The discount is not pulling through on the website yet even though the offer is trailed on the page. Will wait until I can get proper pricing before I get too excited but maybe I can book one more if the dates will work out

Before anyone gets too excited and reads this as a "real" BOGO (buy one, get one free), read it carefully. It's buy one, get the second for half price. Minimal math skills would indicate this is a 25% off sale. Better than nothing, I guess. Of course, if prices are raised in anticipation of this offer, it is worth less than that.

I checked the prices of two European sailings in 2016 that I've had my eye on and neither have gone up from the original release price. Hopefully more of them are like that than not. ;)

I read the offer on the UK Azamara site. Here is it copied from the site:

"We're delighted to introduce our latest offer of up to 50% off your companion's voyage fare when booked by 30 September 2014. It's just another little incentive from us to help you book your next 2015/16 cruise."

The red UP TO is what I've highlighted. Just guessing here, but to me that means that not everyone gets the full 50% off. Perhaps it depends on the class of cabin you book. I think the fine print must be carefully read on this one.

Liking this new deal, we have just changed our VX Veranda to a N1 Club Continent Suite on our 18 day Quest cruise in April for £443 having originally booked the VX on the $1000 off promotion:D

We think we have a cracking deal - keep it up Azamara!

I checked the azamara website. There is nothing about the BOGO on it. Is this promotion being offered in the USA? or is it only for a specific market?

It is on the website - we are viewing it through the US site

I'm seeing on the UK site, there is a large message on the home page. Booking code is BOGOHO when you go to prices it seems not to apply to all staterooms in a category but this of course may be because they are sold out as you can't see the stateroom availability. On the cruise we just upgraded there were only 5 N2's available, but if there is availability on a cruise you want, it looks to be good offer.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

I think Bonnie did originally say that the launch of this offer was Monday 4th August for the US market but that it may appear earlier in other markets as they control the information on their web sites. I may be wrong on this, but it is certainly live in the UK.

My limited experience with Azamara with respect to "sales" is that they are no bargain. I have taken one Azamara cruise and have 3 more booked. I always book as soon as itineraries come out. Those are always the best prices. Every time I ask my TA to check how I would do if we rebooked under the promotion it is always a lot more than I am paying -- thousands in some cases. This has been true with book inside get balcony, choice air promotion and with this latest BOGO sale.

We are always sceptical of promotions and tend to agree that early bookers with RCI companies tend to get the best deals but we have monitored prices of our Quest cruise since we booked and despite all the other deals had not seen the price drop until now. Had we kept our original VX we could have saved about £500 but chose to upgrade to a N2 and the price was well over £1000 less than the cheapest price we had seen.

We can only go back to March when we booked so can't compare it with the launch price, but as always you have to be happy with the deal you have.

My TA was able to find and book the BOGO fares yesterday for the Aug. 11, 2016 Norwegian Fjords cruise on Quest. I just checked the 2016 Destination Guide, and the fares are still the same on the website now. So unless there was an introductory sale of better than 25% off (plus $250 per person OBC), this is the best deal so far.

Now the question will arise, can I combine this with Amex Platinum $300 OBC and/or RCI shareholder credit?

Hi Everyone,

FYI - The new promotion is now available on Azamara's US website : http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/special-offers/second-guest-half-off

Hope this helps !

Thanks for drawing attention to it.

Interestingly, the base price for a cruise next autumn now quoted on the website appears to be lower than that provided on board last week.

So it appears to be a genuine saving and we'll take advantage of it.

No advantage to rebooking under the new promotion for us. The veranda price would still be more than we paid under the upgrade promotion. Too bad, but I'm still happy with the price we got originally.

Did you enter the Promo Code of BOGOHO for the right price?

Noticed that it does not seem to apply to every category within a cabin type, we wondered if this was because those grades were sold out? Does bring up some interesting pricing where suites can be cheaper than balcony cabins.

Noticed that it does not seem to apply to every category within a cabin type, we wondered if this was because those grades were sold out? Does bring up some interesting pricing where suites can be cheaper than balcony cabins.

I noticed that too. Very odd pricing on some routes.