BOGO Plus Sale

sandyss

I received the following email yesterday. I was expecting Andy to post a link, but since he didn't, I am copying the information below. The sale is only for one week - starting yesterday.:

If there is one sure way to make the value of our Azamara Club Cruises® offers even better, it’s to combine two of them. We just did, and we’re calling it our AzAmazing Sale and a Half. Book one of twelve carefully selected 2015 voyages with travel to South America, Asia, and more, and receive 50% off your companion fare AND a $500 onboard spending credit. Enjoy savings when you and your companion book and savings onboard with a credit that can be used for spa treatments, beverage package upgrades, or even off the ship on a Land Discoveries® shore excursion. Every Azamara voyage is an experience and a half, thanks to our boutique, club-like ships, Destination Immersion®, and inclusive amenities. When you book a select voyage by August 24, 2014, you’ll receive our AzAmazing Sale and a Half benefits as well. Hurry. This sale is only around for one week.

BOOK TODAY

to receive some of our biggest savings of the year.

The 12 departures that this sale applies to are:

Journey

10-JAN-15 17 Days Antarctica, Falklands & Patagonia Buenos Aires, Argentina Buenos Aires, Argentina 27-JAN-15 11 Days Best of Argentina, Uruguay & Brazil Buenos Aires, Argentina Rio de Janeiro, Brazil 07-FEB-15 12 Days Rio Carnival & Buenos Aires Rio de Janeiro, Brazil Rio de Janeiro, Brazil 21-MAR-15 12 Days Costa Rica Coast to Coast, Panama Canal & New Orleans Caldera, Costa Rica Miami, Florida 02-APR-15 16 Days South Beach to Acropolis Miami, Florida Piraeus (Athens), Greece

Quest

05-JAN-15 15 Days Discovering Vietnam & Thailand Hong Kong, China Singapore 20-JAN-15 14 Days Burma, Sumatra & Malaysia Singapore Singapore 03-FEB-15 14 Days Thailand, Java & Bali Singapore Benoa, Bali, Indonesia 17-FEB-15 16 Days Asian Kaleidoscope Benoa, Bali, Indonesia Osaka (Kyoto), Japan 05-MAR-15 16 Days Great Cities & Waterways of Asia: Japan to the Equator Osaka (Kyoto), Japan Singapore 21-MAR-15 16 Days The Spice Route Singapore Dubai, United Arab Emirates 06-APR-15 18 Days Dubai to the Turquoise Coast & Istanbul Dubai, United Arab Emirates Istanbul, Turkey

Sandyss - Thanks for the heads up.

Our Antarctic cruise is one of the voyages offering the additional promotion. However, still waiting for Miami to clarify to why we would lose the value of a Future Cruise Credit (given to us for interruption of a previous cruise) if we re-booked under the new promotion. It would be great if we could get this clarification before this promotion expires.

It seems that booking early no longer gets you the best price.

Hi Sandy,

Thanks for posting. I have little interest in Azamara these days, so that's why I'm not looking out for their emails. Usually, when they hit my inbox, I automatically hit the delete key. My sincere apologies to our members, but due to my business being extremely busy, and 2-3 hours of sleep every night - if I'm lucky... I must spend my time on here wisely.

Perhaps someday, my passion for Azamara will return... at least I hope so.

Edited by Host Andy

I booked a 2016 cruise when the BOGOHO deal first came out, so when I saw this thread I wondered if I would qualify for the "deal and a half." Then I saw that it only applies to select 2015 cruises. THEN I remembered that Azamara threw in the $500 OBC with our BOGOHO confirmation anyway! I guess booking the TARDIS suite paid off: time travel to the future for a good deal now. :D:D:D

I booked a 2016 cruise when the BOGOHO deal first came out, so when I saw this thread I wondered if I would qualify for the "deal and a half." Then I saw that it only applies to select 2015 cruises. THEN I remembered that Azamara threw in the $500 OBC with our BOGOHO confirmation anyway! I guess booking the TARDIS suite paid off: time travel to the future for a good deal now. :D:D:D

Very funny! Although, I admit, I had to Google "TARDIS" to get the joke. Thanks for the laugh.

We switched to this promotion last week. I did find out after we rebooked that we lost the Choice Air promotion that had been on our reservation.

I thought you could combine more than one promotion? Is there somewhere on this promo that states it is not combinable with others?

Edited by Jade13

We switched to this promotion last week. I did find out after we rebooked that we lost the Choice Air promotion that had been on our reservation.

I thought you could combine more than one promotion? Is there somewhere on this promo that states it is not combinable with others?

I don't think you can combine promotions. You can combine the on-board booking discount with a promotion as long as the promotion does not include more than two "cash" discounts (e.g., OBC, ChoiceAir).

Sandyss - Thanks for the heads up.

Our Antarctic cruise is one of the voyages offering the additional promotion. However, still waiting for Miami to clarify to why we would lose the value of a Future Cruise Credit (given to us for interruption of a previous cruise) if we re-booked under the new promotion. It would be great if we could get this clarification before this promotion expires.

It seems that booking early no longer gets you the best price.

Our revised - actually new - reservation just came through today. Azamara treated the BOGO Plus promo as a new reservation, and cancelled our original reservation. (Cancellation cost us $25 pp.)

And YES, our FCCs were transferred to our new reservation.:D

Our revised - actually new - reservation just came through today. Azamara treated the BOGO Plus promo as a new reservation, and cancelled our original reservation. (Cancellation cost us $25 pp.)

And YES, our FCCs were transferred to our new reservation.:D

That is great! Our TA is making progress but we are not quite there yet. She is working with a Senior Manager in Miami. Thanks for sharing your experience.

Good news - our fabulous TA made the case to Azamara and they, in turn, responded by agreeing to give us the lower BOGOHO promotional price and honour our FCC. Not sure where things went off the rails, but thanks to Azamara senior management for putting it right. And, thanks to fellow CCers for sharing their experiences with us.

Good news - our fabulous TA made the case to Azamara and they, in turn, responded by agreeing to give us the lower BOGOHO promotional price and honour our FCC. Not sure where things went off the rails, but thanks to Azamara senior management for putting it right. And, thanks to fellow CCers for sharing their experiences with us.

Hi 2fromTO,

Glad to hear it worked out for you, and thanks for letting us know. Enjoy your cruise !

I checked with my fabulous TA when BOBOHO first appeared and because we had the double upgrade and no air plus some other things thrown in by TA we were assured that our first deal was better than the later ones. It gets so complicated with all the various fares. Reminds me of trying to do the air with points, credit card statements and various options of departing cities and arriving cities and days of the week.

Take heart folks == maybe you have the most excellent offer already!:D

I checked with my fabulous TA when BOBOHO first appeared and because we had the double upgrade and no air plus some other things thrown in by TA we were assured that our first deal was better than the later ones. It gets so complicated with all the various fares. Reminds me of trying to do the air with points, credit card statements and various options of departing cities and arriving cities and days of the week.

Take heart folks == maybe you have the most excellent offer already!:D

Just go to Azamara's website and do a trial booking for the cabin that you already have, and compare the cost with your current invoice. The prior two upgrade promos worked out to be identical. But the BOGO Plus promo saved us $1,400 and we now have a $500 OBC from Azamara. We still get an 8% OBC from our TA.

Hi Sandy!

I'm getting rather envious! I didn't check the US Azamara site before booking and in my country we don't get anything: no perks, no BOBOHO or other promotions :(. I'm still happy to have booked our very first Azamara cruise but still.... Even knowing it's different laws and different rules it's sometimes frustrating to see the different sales conditions and promotions offered just to special countries . I know that our Australian cruise friends have similar problems and quite often pay more.

Hi Sandy!

I'm getting rather envious! I didn't check the US Azamara site before booking and in my country we don't get anything: no perks, no BOBOHO or other promotions :(. I'm still happy to have booked our very first Azamara cruise but still.... Even knowing it's different laws and different rules it's sometimes frustrating to see the different sales conditions and promotions offered just to special countries . I know that our Australian cruise friends have similar problems and quite often pay more.

I agree that it is very unfair. Do you get any other benefits (i.e. cheaper air) when traveling from Europe?

Are you allowed to book through an American online TA?

I agree that it is very unfair. Do you get any other benefits (i.e. cheaper air) when traveling from Europe?

Are you allowed to book through an American online TA?

Unfortunately no ( officially) to both questions.

Of course it's cheaper for us to reach a European destination, it's comparable to a Floridian starting from their doorstep or a Californian beginning their cruise at the West Coast ;). But we don't have access to ChoiceAir or similar products; I book our flights at the best possible price I can find.

We have used am American TA before, but I still prefer booking in my country because of the different customer laws. I have also noticed that with my favourite American online agency I get re-routed to an international outlet ( with fewer extras and promos) if I click on "not US/Canadian/Mexican".

I don't really complain,we find enough cruises at acceptable prices to keep us happy over the year. I sometimes wonder, though, that there is so much inconsistency in company policies in an international world and I sometimes wish that we across the big pond are recognized as people worth to be given really good promotions. ( to be honest: sometimes they do, more often they don't)

Currently waiting for Azamara to resolve a booking issue for this sale. The sale is published on New Zealand website and quotes correctly on the website with the code 2015Q1 AZA SALE which is in the Terms and Conditions for the BOGO Plus Sale. Sales finishes 24 Aug 2014. We phoned Azamara reservations on 21 Aug to cancel our previous booking and make a new booking to get the sale fare and OBC but the Azamara booking system for NZ would not accept the code so now awaiting a resolution.

GrayJay and Others,

The current BOGOHO - 50% off 2nd Guest Fare is a Global campaign and is offered to guests in your country, Germany. Please work with your travel agent or call the below number directly to take advantage of this campaign.

We usually run Global Campaigns on a 60 - 90 day basis, all of our international markets qualify for these campaigns and the programs can be booked through each local country office or representative.

click on this link and scroll down to locate your office -

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/contact-us

Thank you, Azamara.

GrayJay and Others,

The current BOGOHO - 50% off 2nd Guest Fare is a Global campaign and is offered to guests in your country, Germany. Please work with your travel agent or call the below number directly to take advantage of this campaign.

We usually run Global Campaigns on a 60 - 90 day basis, all of our international markets qualify for these campaigns and the programs can be booked through each local country office or representative.

click on this link and scroll down to locate your office -

http://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/contact-us

Thank you, Azamara.

AzamaraJoel, is the BOGOHO promotion combinable with the Choice Air credit ($500.00 per person in most staterooms) for US citizens? I know it is common in many other countries (especially in the UK and Europe) to bundle the packages with air.

We thought most promotions were combinable with one other offer.

Thanks.

AzamaraJoel, is the BOGOHO promotion combinable with the Choice Air credit ($500.00 per person in most staterooms) for US citizens? I know it is common in many other countries (especially in the UK and Europe) to bundle the packages with air.

We thought most promotions were combinable with one other offer.

Thanks.

As I posted earlier, a promotion can be combined with an Open Passage as long as there are not more than two cash discounts.

I've never heard of being able to book with multiple promotions. You book with the promotion in effect at the time of your booking. If a better promotion comes along, you cancel the original booking (and any goodies that came with it) and then re-book with the new promotion if it is more attractive to you.