Am I understanding this right?

I called my TA today about upgrading my existing outside booking to a balcony.

The price she gave me is what I have been finding on line.

What puzzled me is that she said NCL does not allow upgrades within 30 days of sailing. I am puzzled by this, anyone know more about how NCL operates in this regard?

She may mean I just can't get the lower current pricing?

Ok....I called NCL and they figured my TA must have misunderstood my question. I was wanting to possibly pay for an upgrade to a balcony from an outside. I think she thought I meant a complimentary upgrade.

But what I still find interesting is that if you got a promotion for free dining or internet, for example, you cannot receive a free upgrade within 30 days of sailing. I never heard of that before. I believe that is what my TA may have been talking about. I wasn't expecting anything for free anyway.

Edited by Tinknock50

I would take that to mean you'll pay the going rate at that point...

That would be cool because the rates have gone down on balconies since I booked my outside.

Edited by Tinknock50

Ok....I called NCL and they figured my TA must have misunderstood my question. I was wanting to possibly pay for an upgrade to a balcony from an outside. I think she thought I meant a complimentary upgrade.

But what I still find interesting is that if you got a promotion for free dining or internet, for example, you cannot receive a free upgrade within 30 days of sailing. I never heard of that before. I believe that is what my TA may have been talking about. I wasn't expecting anything for free anyway.

Um...no, this can't be true. I upgraded myself from a standard balcony to a Penthouse Suite (non-Haven) on the Jewel less than 2 weeks before sailing. Got the upgraded promo offers (i.e., they added the free Wi-Fi and shore excursion credit to my UBP and SDP), got credit for the UBP service charge, etc. So I'm not sure where your TA is getting her info. Unless, of course, I was handled differently because I booked myself online.

Um...no, this can't be true. I upgraded myself from a standard balcony to a Penthouse Suite (non-Haven) on the Jewel less than 2 weeks before sailing. Got the upgraded promo offers (i.e., they added the free Wi-Fi and shore excursion credit to my UBP and SDP), got credit for the UBP service charge, etc. So I'm not sure where your TA is getting her info. Unless, of course, I was handled differently because I booked myself online.

The second part is what NCL told me. You didn't get a free upgrade. NCL will not give you a FREE upgrade if you booked with a promotion within 30 days of sail date.