Barcelona port to Las Ramblas metro to Espanya train station

jstducky

I was hoping that some experience Barcelona visitors might be able to help me out.

My parents will be in Barcelona for a port stop later this year. They would like to know how far of a walk it is from the Barcelona pier to the closest metro station, which I think is located near the Christopher Columbus statue at the foot of Las Ramblas. Is it a far walk? How long does it take?

Also, how long does it take on the metro from Las Ramblas to the Espanya train station? How long is the ride? Or how many stops is it?

Thanks!

It looks like 3 stops on the green line from the Dressanes station at the bottom of Las Ramblas.

There is a blue shuttle that takes folks from the port to the Columbus monument.

IF they buy any small guide book like the DK Top 10 Guide it will show a metro map.

check out http://www.barcelona-tourist-guide.com as a start. Lots of info for cruisers here. The nearest terminal is 10 minutes walk from colomb but the furtherst is a taxi away! You can walk the rambla from colomb to Plaza d'Espanya - a gentle stroll (If you don't get led astray by the street entertainers) which takes about 20 minutes - uphill.

I think the walk from up Las Ramblas from the Columbus statute is to Placa Catalunya -- not Placa Espanya.

The walk to Placa Espanya is along Ave. de Parallel, which is not as nice. It is about 2-3metro stops from the Columbus statute.

Archived