Cheap Hotel in Galveston

Dubdude007

We were looking for a cheap hotel to stay in before our cruise for 1 night and the only ones we could find are the Super 8 Galveston and the Candlewood Suites Hotel in Texas city. Anyone have any experience with these or can make any recommendations?

We are staying at the Scottish Inn. It was the cheapest option ($100 after taxes and fees) in Galveston which had cruise parking and a shuttle to/from the port. It doesn't look to be an extravagant place by any means, but it has decent reviews. We were going to stay in Texas City, but this option cost less after considering the savings from not needing to park at a parking facility.

still waiting for OP to Answer How Cheap?

Or how much is budgeted for a hotel:D

For some, cheap is $50 others it is $150:confused:

Edited by jonbgd

You will save at least 75 bucks a night staying on the mainland than on the island. Galvestons cheap hotels on the island are for the are ok but you get what you paid for on some if you know what I mean. Of course my standards on hotels are in the Fairfield and Courtyard Marriott $100-$150 a night level.

Edited by ceistre

I've got reservations at

The Comfort Inn & Suites Texas City

320 Highway 146 North,

Texas City, TX, US, 77590

For September 24, 2016.

My rate was $85.50 complete with Taxes is $96.62

That is the senior rate, King bed suite. This hotel is about 15 miles and 15 minutes from the Galveston Port.

Fairly new, and clean and a pretty good breakfast.

Edited by Texasopa

Does it have to be in Galveston? We stay at the Courtyard Marriott across the street from NASA... Close enough and it's a nice place. Newer Courtyard. Built within the last few years.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums mobile app

Cheap hotel on the island? Not by comparison to what you can get in Texas City (comfort inn) if you want just four walls, a bath and a bed, or south Houston (Doubletree Hobby Airport) if you want a little upgrade to full service hotel.

• 3 weeks later...
W got rooms at Days Inn & Suites, Galveston for a little over $80.00 a night. Hope it is not a dump :rolleyes:

It is not a dump. It is fairly new and we thought is was nice. It is well worth the money compared to the other hotels in the area. We stayed there last April and have a reservation for our next cruise next year.

We were well pleased with it.

Hope you have a great cruise!

Edited by mistshar