Docking in MoBay but doing excursion in Ocho?

Lashlock

Wondering if it's possible to dock in Mobay, but still take advantage of private companies in Ocho? Do they offer pick up services, or do we need to arrange for transportation... anyone have any good companies or stories?:confused:

We are hoping to do zip line/canopy in Ocho

Just wondering if you realize how far it is 'tween the two?

http://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/Image:Jm-map.png

I'd note that I once had to take a taxi from Kingston to Port Antonio - less distance as the crow flies - an it was $100 US ... and that was several years ago.

While anything is possible, I'd expect this to be a) pricey and b) one heck of a lot of time on the road and do hope that there are no incidents to slow you up on your way back to the ship else wave bye bye..... The road is not exactly I-95.....

This frequent visitor to JA both for pleasure and business wouldn't try this...

I'm SURE someone will say the would and/or did .... but no thanks.

IMHO: No, it is not time well spent in a vehicle for four hours. We just came back on the Conquest and did the four hour round-trip to YS Falls over the mountain and along the south coast and back. The only saving grace was our tour guide and operator who made the trip informative and quite fun since we all wanted to experience some local culture and food which we did, but for most of us 14 people who went, YS is not worth the drive. We were on a private group tour for seven hours from 9 am- 4 pm. My thoughts are that you should really want to go see the "far-away attraction" enought to spend more than half your day in a vehicle. If you're good with that, then have a great time because it will probably be worth it. If that makes you hesitate, then stick to things in and around Mo Bay. BTW, our tour operator is based out of Ocho and she came to Mo Bay, no problem! ;) I wrote a tour review and it's listed under "1st time to Jamaica" thread.

I thought the canopy tours had to be booked through the cruise line?

We just got back from our cruise last week. We docked in MoBay. Hubby wanted to do the Falls in Ocho Rios, so we E-mailed Peat Taylor. He (or, I should say his employee) picked us up at the dock, and took us to the Falls. He will take you wherever you would like to go. His charge is $90.00 and that included the cost of the Falls. There were two couples & we split the $90 cost, plus paid him a tip. The down side for us was that we couldn't understand him (accent was very strong). AND the four hour round trip drive was exhausting - the road is under construction, so was rough and rugged. If we could do it again, we would wait until we docked in Ocho Rios.

Archived