Sun Transfers

rahrah50

Has anyone used Sun Transfers for transportation? We have a group of 8 and want to be picked up at the Amsterdam airport and delivered to our hotel prior to our Celebrity Baltic cruise. Also, use for pickup in Stockholm and taken to Arlanda airport.

Any feed back would be much appreciated!!!!

Has anyone used Sun Transfers for transportation? We have a group of 8 and want to be picked up at the Amsterdam airport and delivered to our hotel prior to our Celebrity Baltic cruise. Also, use for pickup in Stockholm and taken to Arlanda airport.

Any feed back would be much appreciated!!!!

Yes

We have used them before in Barcelona and Spain

They are a third party booking agents, we found them to be reasonably priced and the contractors they used for our bookings were very good.

I spoke to them about my booking as I wanted to add a transfer from hotel to port in Barcelona but they do not offer this type of service.

• 2 years later...

Here is my experience in Amsterdam:

I had pre-booked a round trip transfer from the Amsterdam Airport to the Cruise terminal. Although their site says they can book from the cruise terminal to downtown, it was not possible to do so on the website and a call to their reservation desk confirmed that it was not possible. Disappointing but I did find another provider to get us to downtown from the terminal so no bid deal. I received confirmations well in advance and instructions to meet by the large cube in the airport. The instructions said we could not miss it but there were no directions given so I figured it would be super easy to spot. Well, AMS is a LARGE airport and it was stressful to find the cube sculpture and we did have to ask directions. We did find it eventually and waited patiently near many drivers holding signs. Our driver called after 10 minutes and said he was outside. I did mention this is a large airport right? Well, after running us around to several different exits due to lack of clear directions, we finally found him. The group was my 2 teenage daughters and my wife and I. All of the girls are petite and we all had large suitcases. The driver approached me and offered to take my suitcase and loaded it in the car then stopped and waited for the girls to load their own at which point I loaded theirs. I know that some countries treat women as second class citizens (which I find unacceptable) but this is Amsterdam and this is a car service! Are you kidding me? The driver did not say a word over the entire trip and at the drop off, I wound up unloading their cases as well. All in all very poor service but I chalked it up to an isolated incident.

The return trip was actually worse......

The afternoon before I got a notification from United that our flight was delayed 2 hours. I called Sun Transfers immediately to let them know of the change. I also followed up with an email and when I got no response, I decided to start a chat session. I did not get a good feeling about this as the chat was vague and non-committal but the offices were closed from what they told me so I figured I would try again in the morning. Two hours before our pickup time, I checked again. I was told that the offices were closed (it was after 8am) and that they could not change the pickup time. I asked if they would please contact the driver directly and they begrudgingly agreed. About 20 minutes later, I got a call from the driver whom was nearly an hour early from the original pickup time. I explained that the flight was pushed back and that he was supposed to be called by dispatch. He said he would contact dispatch and let me know. Well, apparently Verizon took a few extra rings to get a call to me. My phone rung once and I missed the call. While I tried to return the call immediately, the phone rung again. I immediately switch over and they hung up. About 30 seconds later I got a voicemail. I checked the voicemail (2 of them). The first was to tell me that the driver would only wait for a few minutes and to call them immediately. The second voicemail (literally time-stamped 12 seconds after the first) was to inform me that since I did not return the call the driver had left and my payment was forfeited. I was able to reach someone and asked politely to speak to a supervisor. I was told that no one was available and they would call me back. I never received a call back and had to scramble to find another ride to the airport for my family. Fortunately the company that bailed us out for the ride from the terminal to the hotel stepped in and got us there just in time for our flight.

I would never use this service again and would likely choose to walk the 12 miles to the hotel next time if they were my only option!

I wouldn't personally use them again, they are an agent and the issue was the driver but they weren't helpful. We booked Amsterdam port to airport. The driver was 40 minutes late. We rang sun transfers twice as per the paperwork to chase it up who kept saying he'd be 5 minutes. When he arrived, having watched all the other companies take your luggage, we had to bring our own (no big deal) we then said the hand luggage was fragile with a laptop, he put it on top of 2 cases and let go so they all came crashing out of the van onto the floor. He then tried to follow his sat nav but there was a diversion and tried to drive the wrong way down a street and when he got to the airport ran into the guy pushing the line of trolleys and spent time with us onboard having a swearing slagging match with him through the window. We didn't tip him.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We've used them twice in Barcelona with no problems at all . We have also used a firm called Conecto Transfers in Venice they too were very good they picked us up from Marco Polo airport and took us to the cruise terminal and afterwards from our hotel in Mestre back to the airports,

Sent from my iPhone using Forums