Norovirus Oriana

T4TC

She had norovirus on the ship the cruise before ours in March and we were delayed embarkation and had restrictions for first 3-4 days on the cruise. We also had no clean drinkable water in our cabin the whole cruise, intermittent non functioning toilet which you didnt know it was not working until you came to flush it so not very hygienic and towards the end of the cruise mucky yellow water coming out of our shower so we couldnt shower. Severe water leak on B deck with walls and carpets all taped up with polythene sheets, water leak in Tiffany's and also photography department and many public toilets defective throughout the cruise. I think Oriana is past her sell by date and should be sold by P&O.

I hope you were suitably compensated.

They didnt want to know while onboard but on my return put a remark on P&O Facebook page and they asked me to send the details in a PM which I did. They realised the seriousness of the situation and without any consultation they offered me a sum off my next cruise with P&O.

They didnt want to know while onboard but on my return put a remark on P&O Facebook page and they asked me to send the details in a PM which I did. They realised the seriousness of the situation and without any consultation they offered me a sum off my next cruise with P&O.

Good stuff, shame you had to resort to public media to get it resolved though.

Sorry but that's a cop out.

You should never have to spend more money with a business to obtain compensation for something that has gone wrong ...

She had norovirus on the ship the cruise before ours in March and we were delayed embarkation and had restrictions for first 3-4 days on the cruise. We also had no clean drinkable water in our cabin the whole cruise, intermittent non functioning toilet which you didnt know it was not working until you came to flush it so not very hygienic and towards the end of the cruise mucky yellow water coming out of our shower so we couldnt shower. Severe water leak on B deck with walls and carpets all taped up with polythene sheets, water leak in Tiffany's and also photography department and many public toilets defective throughout the cruise. I think Oriana is past her sell by date and should be sold by P&O.

OH told me yesterday that he had read online that Oriana is being sold on, don't know who to and when but she is being sold.

OH told me yesterday that he had read online that Oriana is being sold on, don't know who to and when but she is being sold.

Probably end up as Thomson's "new" ship!

When Britannia comes online it wouldn't surprise me if they reduce beds elsewhere in the fleet and they do seem to be running Oriana into the ground, certainly as far as a plumbing is concerned, sounds like it needs taking offline for some dry dock time.

On board Oriana in late June, they were steadfastly denying that Oriana was going anywhere other than doing more trips to far away places.

Which website, English Lady? Do tell us more.

Thing is, in these situations it's usually the staff who are the last to know.

I would imagine that when it is announced there will be a period of 18 months to 2 years before they retire her (if it's happening at all) as they tend to find bookings increase when such announcements are made and I think Oriana has a special place in lots of cruisers hearts.

You can bet her final cruise will sell out straight away.

There were similar rumours about Oceana, then, oops! they did not have a family friendly ship that was allowed into Venice.

Oriana is the oldest and a lack of balconies limits the amount of cash they can extract from the passengers.

My understanding is that the company have said it will be an 8 ship fleet and if bookings continue to go up as they have they will need her.

My guess would be sometime between 2018 and 2020. The earliest we will know for certain will be the end of March when the brochures come out for 2016/7.

She has got a very loyal following.

Of course by making her adult only they have made it difficult to pass on to anyone else without a lot of money being spent.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

My understanding is that the company have said it will be an 8 ship fleet and if bookings continue to go up as they have they will need her.

My guess would be sometime between 2018 and 2020. The earliest we will know for certain will be the end of March when the brochures come out for 2016/7.

She has got a very loyal following.

Of course by making her adult only they have made it difficult to pass on to anyone else without a lot of money being spent.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

The boss of Carnival corporation said at a recent quarterly meeting that they were getting rid of 3 ships 2 Princess and 1 P&O and said Ocean Princess was available to be sold immediately but did not name the other 2 ships.

The boss of Carnival corporation said at a recent quarterly meeting that they were getting rid of 3 ships 2 Princess and 1 P&O and said Ocean Princess was available to be sold immediately but did not name the other 2 ships.

Ocean Princess is one of their 2 small ships. This might suggest the other one for sale will be her sister Pacific Princess. Maybe then Adonia will be the P&O ship to go? Perhaps these small ships just can't deliver the revenue and their restricted facilities is a disadvantage?

Just got home from our cruise on the Oriana. Yes there was norovirus again on Oriana although we didn't get it ourselves. We only knew of a couple of people who went down with it but there must have been more as they wouldn't bring in their stringent precautions for nothing.

Can't complain about the way they handled it, only about the disembarkation this morning that was a bit of a shambles. We made it off an hour later than we should have done. Fortunately we only have a shortish journey.

Just back as well and having a cup of tea. We were due to disembark at 0915 and got off at 0940, so not too bad. There were still cases of noro last night because the three at our table did not turn up and then the husband arrived to tell us that the Ma in law had gone down with it and she was 83 and diabetic, so was in the hospital. Also, when I went to reception to get something there was an urgent call then and another person went down with it. The cabin next to my friends was deep cleaned and she was told not to touch the door.

On a better note we had a great cruise and I thought the CD Natalie Milverton was the best we have ever known. We joined her choir and she was just marvellous.

However, the food was definitely not a patch on last year on Oriana and I have made my thoughts known. We sent the beef fillet back, it was totally dry and looked like it had been in an oven for an hour :-(

We were on A Deck and were surrounded by the virus, fortunately we did not get it. I heard from someone on the other side - even numbers- that there seemed to be an awful lot of the bug on that side as well. How many had it I suppose we will ever know but as they were continuing with the precautions this morning it hadn't stopped. This was our first time on Oriana and were not impressed. The bathroom was in desperate need of refurbishment and twice I had to call about the loo not working properly. No wonder there are bugs on her that do not go away. Of course that is not the only reason that it is passed around, my husband saw a woman pick up 2 slices of bread with her fingers, put them back pick another 2 up and put them back! She was looking for toast! I said did you not say something - he said he was too surprised.

Rosemary, same thing happened to me. I saw a lady on the first day filling a water bottle by putting the spout inside her bottle. I was going to say something, but now really wish I had.

I too had a problem one day with the loo not flushing.

I do like the ship a lot, lovely wide prom deck and bags of room at the stern, but they need to do something about the food and the plumbing.