Not a DREAM

beller

Sing and dance all you want, Carnival does not take as good a care of cosmetics as other lines. A 20 year old can look pristine with maintenance, a 2 year old ship can look run down without constant upkeep. I believe Carnival does this as a way of subtly pushing customers to higher priced lines under the same umbrella. Some people won't notice at all, to others it really sticks out.

I did find the public interior spaces on the Victory to be clean, but exterior decks showed lots of wear and tear and clearly were not kept to as high a standard as other lines.

You are never going to convince the Carnival apologists. Up is down, down is up, doesn't matter, to some Carnival is like a religion. You are correct, it couldn't be more obvious to an unbiased eye that the Carnival ships lack in cosmetic maintenance compared to other lines.

You are never going to convince the Carnival apologists. Up is down, down is up, doesn't matter, to some Carnival is like a religion. You are correct, it couldn't be more obvious to an unbiased eye that the Carnival ships lack in cosmetic maintenance compared to other lines.

You are right, there could be no other view.... I wonder who has the unbiased eye in this?

I was just on the conquest 2 weeks ago and I will be on Princess in a few weeks. I will be keeping an eye out for differences! And I must add that we have sailed on the Dream 3 times now and thought it was a beautiful ship. Didn't see much grime and rust. Those loungers and balcony glass posted in this thread are disgusting though. Somebody dropped the ball!

Oh and when we were docked at Nassau a couple wks ago, the Conquest looked great compared to the RC bucket of rust. (Might have been the enchantment of the seas? Don't remember) I even put in my review that it looked ready for the scrapyards.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cosmetics and maintenance aside, I do know that the Dream is the absolute worst ship if you're trying to score JH swag. It's noteworthy if you're one of the lucky few who receive anything. Most are left disappointed. LOL

what is JH swag?

....and here I thought you were on my side for once....

LMAO!! As far as maintenance goes, I think it falls somewhere between the "it's a neglected rust busket on it's last leg" folks and the "Carnival could never do wrong" nation.

Ok I know I will be blasted but here goes. There are few things that we all dhould know. Or at least asked before committing. First when was the last time the OP was the Dream. It says 2012 the a few lines later 2014. Second what time was pic of the lounger taken. As could it had been a few minutes after someone got up. And 5 minutes after the pic was taken either cleaned or removed from the deck. And lastly what was the weather the days outside cleaning was to be done. Cause if it was pouring rain no it wouldn't have gotten done.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Forums mobile app

LMAO!! As far as maintenance goes, I think it falls somewhere between the "it's a neglected rust busket on it's last leg" folks and the "Carnival could never do wrong" nation.

Got it

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

I was just on the conquest 2 weeks ago and I will be on Princess in a few weeks. I will be keeping an eye out for differences! And I must add that we have sailed on the Dream 3 times now and thought it was a beautiful ship. Didn't see much grime and rust. Those loungers and balcony glass posted in this thread are disgusting though. Somebody dropped the ball!

Oh and when we were docked at Nassau a couple wks ago, the Conquest looked great compared to the RC bucket of rust. (Might have been the enchantment of the seas? Don't remember) I even put in my review that it looked ready for the scrapyards.

Huh... according to post#101, you must be mistaken or an apologist to think that, it is "clearly" different.

That said thanks for your opinion, I for one value it.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

what time was pic of the lounger taken. As could it had been a few minutes after someone got up. And 5 minutes after the pic was taken either cleaned or removed from the deck. And lastly what was the weather the days outside cleaning was to be done. Cause if it was pouring rain no it wouldn't have gotten done.

Sent from my LG-H918 using Forums mobile app

The photos were taken when we arrived on The Pride on 6/4/17 at approx 1pm....(departure day)...we were among the first on the ship (which is why those loungers were empty)....Our sailaway was Sunday...Monday morning is when I took the picture of the balcony glass....all 3 of our port days were sunny and beautiful....we received 2 notices that the balconies would be cleaned on the first and then the third port day....that glass was never touched...

The photos were taken when we arrived on The Pride on 6/4/17 at approx 1pm....(departure day)...we were among the first on the ship (which is why those loungers were empty)....Our sailaway was Sunday...Monday morning is when I took the picture of the balcony glass....all 3 of our port days were sunny and beautiful....we received 2 notices that the balconies would be cleaned on the first and then the third port day....that glass was never touched...

While I agree those loungers look disgusting and I certainly wouldn't want to sit on them (even with a towel), I was on the Pride in February on the serenity deck and they didn't look like that. Whatever happen to them has happen in the last few months or the cushions came from another part of the ship that I didn't see. I did notice some dirty windows here and there and a few places where the wood was missing on the decorations in the elevators but it didn't appear that dirty to me otherwise. I can't compare it to other lines as I haven't experienced any being a fairly new cruiser. Not trying to start and argument, just inputting what I observed on my trip on the Pride.

While I agree those loungers look disgusting and I certainly wouldn't want to sit on them (even with a towel), I was on the Pride in February on the serenity deck and they didn't look like that. Whatever happen to them has happen in the last few months or the cushions came from another part of the ship that I didn't see. I did notice some dirty windows here and there and a few places where the wood was missing on the decorations in the elevators but it didn't appear that dirty to me otherwise. I can't compare it to other lines as I haven't experienced any being a fairly new cruiser. Not trying to start and argument, just inputting what I observed on my trip on the Pride.

Just about every elevator we used, the ornamental trim was busted up (looks like some one was hanging from it or purposely trying to break it) ....you can tell that they did their best to repair it...in one elevator, they used pennies as washers to hold it up....I do not fault Carnival for that, as it was pretty evident they were vandalized...

And as I said before, this was our fourth time on The Pride and I have never noticed neglect like I saw on this trip....

Their staff was nothing short of excellent....(with the exception of one black jack dealer that had no tolerance for drunk people....but that was kinda funny (not me))

This problem is not strictly just Carnival....a few years ago, we had a family suite on the Nor Dawn that was filthy....(starting with sand all over the couch and carpet from the previous passengers and a blood stained sheet on the bed)...IN A SUITE!!

Rust on a RC ship? Why surely you jest! :o RC takes care of their ships while Carnival neglects theirs according to a select few Carnival detractors around here and rust just doesnt exist on an RC ship :rolleyes:

Rust on a RC ship? Why surely you jest! :o RC takes care of their ships while Carnival neglects theirs according to a select few Carnival detractors around here and rust just doesnt exist on an RC ship :rolleyes:

They send all their rust over to Carnival ships.;) Sometimes this place just simply amazes me.

I have been on 4 different lines in the last 1.5 years, twice on Carnival. The worst maintained ship was not Carnival it was HAL Zuiderdam. Lots of rust and the hull needed repainted badly. Oddly enough we still had a great cruise. Was on the Celebrity Equinox last month and there was a fair amount of rust on our balcony. Had a great cruise.

I was on the Dream June 11th - June 18th. I sat on one of the serenity loungers and my chair was fine and so were the 4 other people I was with. I wish I took a picture. We were sitting on the right side looking at the back of the ship. I think it was the day we were in Jamaica but not sure. I was more disheartened by the 8 chairs that were "saved" on the top deck on the side at 8:30 am. I got a chair that early and sat there for a couple hours and nobody came to sit in them so 2 young ladies came up and said is anyone sitting there? I said there hasn't been anyone there since 8:30. So they started to sit down and a lady said those are saved. I thought a fight was going to break out. She said they were getting something to eat and coming back. Wow!!!! They were not there for over 3 hours. They must have ate ALOT of food!!!! Other than that everything was good. We had a nice time. Our room steward and waiters were great.

I will be on the Pride next month. I will have more important things on my mind than searching high and low for issues. There is not one ship you go on that everyone will thing is pristine because she doesn't exist.Why? because too many "guests" think because they are on vacation they have to take no personal responsibility for making sure they don't ruin ships property with tanning lotion, and other filth people leave behind those who think " I paid for this vacation I will do whatever I want". The Ship's crew should take care of the maintaining it but the guest need to make sure they are not leaving stains from spilled drinks,dropped food and not putting a towel in a chair after putting tanning lotion on. Common Sense.

I will be on the Pride next month. I will have more important things on my mind than searching high and low for issues.

There is a difference between 'searching high and low' and having something right in front of you that makes you say ewwwwwwwwwwwwwww

Enjoy your cruise...........