Princess Standard insurance plan vs Princess Platinum insurance plan

Luckynana

Cruising for the first time on Princess Lines, Transatlantic next year. We always buy trip insurance, but didn't know there was a standard plan vs a platinum plan. I can't find anything about insurance in the back of the Princess ship and cruise guide. Can anyone help me out with the differences? TIA!

Go to their website to see what the coverages are. If my memory serves me correctly medical is only $10,000 for the standard plan and just $20,000 for the platinum. You can generally do better buying insurance through a third party. I have used the trip insurance store and highly recommend them.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

If you have already booked, you can find the information in your cruise personalizer. It compares the coverage and cost difference of the two plans. Short answer is, more coverage for more money. It all varies with the cost of your cruise.

Sent from my iPad using Forums mobile app

Thank you all for your quick responses! The standard will cost us almost $400 a couple vs almost $630 for the platinum. We've never seen such high prices before! But then, we've never cruised on Princess before...

Thank you all for your quick responses! The standard will cost us almost $400 a couple vs almost $630 for the platinum. We've never seen such high prices before! But then, we've never cruised on Princess before...

Go to tripinsurancestore.com and call them to see what they offer. You will probably get better coverage for a lower price.

We do not like either plan, because like most cruise line sold policies, they have very low limits on their medical coverage. Unless one already has decent international medical coverage we think that $100,000 is the bare minimum for adequate coverage.

Han

Cruising for the first time on Princess Lines, Transatlantic next year. We always buy trip insurance, but didn't know there was a standard plan vs a platinum plan. I can't find anything about insurance in the back of the Princess ship and cruise guide. Can anyone help me out with the differences? TIA!

Try typing "Comparison of Princess Standard insurance plan vs Princess Platinum insurance plan" into Google and clicking on the very first hit and then going to page 5. Really easy.

DON