I know I am late, but was very busy.

So here are my pictures for that wonderful 26 days cruise. Best cruise ever

I spilt it in 8 part so Won't be a very long and shorter to watch

begin in Cairns ends in Auckland

part 1

Cairns, Willis Island, Townsville, Great Barrier reef

7jp8cZdCErk

• 2 weeks later...

I know that there are loads of restaurants/cafes to eat in but can you recommend a reasonable priced one in Sydney and also apart from the usual points of interest what should we definitely not miss going to. We have only 3 days in Sydney before the cruise. Thank you.

I know that there are loads of restaurants/cafes to eat in but can you recommend a reasonable priced one in Sydney and also apart from the usual points of interest what should we definitely not miss going to. We have only 3 days in Sydney before the cruise. Thank you.

I would spend a day hopping on and off the harbour ferries, you can buy a day pass.

We also spent a day in the blue mountains using the local train, out in the morning and back in the evening, much better and cheaper than organised tours IMO.

You can get details from tourist information.

We stayed in Sydney for 5 days in 2008.

Apart from the Opera house we went to the Botanic Gardens and the Maritime Museum on Darling Harbour ( where we stayed)

We also went to the Zoo and on rainy days went to the Victorian Market building and the Governor' s House ( which is only open on Fridays in January)

We used a week's ferry pass to get around.

I would spend a day hopping on and off the harbour ferries, you can buy a day pass.

We also spent a day in the blue mountains using the local train, out in the morning and back in the evening, much better and cheaper than organised tours IMO.

You can get details from tourist information.

I'd love to visit the Blue Mountains!

A couple years ago I wrote this blog post for our Azamara website:

Darwin & the Blue Mountains of Australia.

https://www.azamaraclubcruises.com/blog/darwin-blue-mountains-australia

The Blue Mountains are beautiful especially Leura, and Katoomba is fun. But be aware that it is a 2 hour train ride each way. Exploring the Rocks area is fun. ..there is a beautiful old Garrison church up above them. You can climb up inside a pylon of the Harbour Bridge for views all around the Harbour. And don't miss Darling Harbour, (especially if you want to see Australian animals) and the glorious Queen Victoria Building.

Sent from my SM-J200Y using Forums mobile app

Thank you IATA for the video review!

I am especially fond of your comment "Best cruise ever!" :hearteyes::hearteyes:

And it was, it was azamazing. The crew, the food, itinerary, shore excursions, azamazing nights, white night and the best touch was while talking with Mr. Herbert, we told him that we were french canadian from Quebec City. The next day i receive a letter from him in my stateroom, inviting us to spend the day onboard while the ship will be in Quebec City. And we did, another day in paradise :) and to meet, kiss, bring quebec Maple syrup to crew that we love.

Edited by iata
Link that had nothing to do

Thank you for your help. There are so many places to visit it is going to take a bit of planning.

Blue mountains, botanical garden, shopping on Pitt street, the old town "the Rock" nice café in that area and Circular Quay, you can ask people on the street, australians are the nicest people on the planet.

I enjoy so much Sydney that you can see me crying on the video when we left sydney. We left while they play i still call Australia home that's why it is in the video. And then i start to cry and cry :)

Do the Harbour Bridge climb - it's a fantastic experience and not hard going. You are attached to the bridge at all times and can't fall. They give you a really good briefing beforehand. We did it 20 years ago and it's still one of my best lifetime experiences.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

----- and the best touch was while talking with Mr. Herbert, we told him that we were french canadian from Quebec City. The next day i receive a letter from him in my stateroom, inviting us to spend the day onboard while the ship will be in Quebec City. And we did, another day in paradise :) and to meet, kiss, bring quebec Maple syrup to crew that we love.

We were on the cruise when it visited Quebec City!

I have been to Canada 6 times as my sister lives there, but I had never been to Eastern Canada, so it was a great opportunity to be on the TA, Southampton to Montreal (also the inaugural sailing of Quest to Quebec)

We loved it, especially the Montmoreancy Falls.

633758a4492415fe09f34a3b9cdb5f4c.jpg

4357fca330738f0efb7a72038a250e07.jpg

c2aecb543e63439909778728d2c1606e.jpg

However, it was slightly too early to see the Fall colours, so we will be back.

Edited by upwarduk

We were on the cruise when it visited Quebec City!

I have been to Canada 6 times as my sister lives there, but I had never been to Eastern Canada, so it was a great opportunity to be on the TA, Southampton to Montreal (also the inaugural sailing of Quest to Quebec)

We loved it, especially the Montmoreancy Falls.

However, it was slightly too early to see the Fall colours, so we will be back.

Yes to early for the fall colors, the best is around October 10

we got married almost 4 years ago in the Manor at Montmorency falls oct 19

here are some pictures

image_zpsuf49j9n9.jpeg

image_zpsjt1ivyko.jpeg

image_zpssydnfjcc.jpeg

image_zpsbau7mnk9.jpeg