Cruise only prices

miss-heli

This is from the P&O web site

Stay a bit longer

Keep the good times rolling with some time in historic Valletta before or after your fly-cruise.

The Grand Excelsior Hotel is ideal. Indoor and outdoor pools, spa and leisure facilities. Plus, a private sandy beach. The hotel overlooks the picturesque harbour of Marsamxett and is ideally located near the city walls.

To stay, the first night costs from £120 per person per night, with additional nights from £80 per person per night (bed & breakfast). As a P&O Cruises guest you will receive complimentary Wi-Fi and a welcome drink.

So it seems you can arrange an extended stay before or after your cruise. however cruise only without flights is only available on Exotic Fly cruises and those to Australia/New Zealand.

Does anyone know if P&O offer cruise only prices for their Med cruises ?

Looking at Oceana later this summer but would prefer to add a couple of night pre departure if possible.

Many thanks

I think for this one you need to talk to a good TA or a P&O person as not many on here will have experience of this as P&O have only just started to offer cruises from Malta.

I do know they experimented with cruise only fares a few years ago. Not heard much about them since. Certainly they don't do them to the Caribbean in the winter.

I would contact the company.

Sent from my iPad using Forums

The flights to/from Malta are not chartered exclusively by P&O. In their blurb, P&O do offer extra nights before or after the cruise, so it should be quite easy for you to book a longer stay. Call them direct and they will give you more information.

However, Caribbean flights are chartered exclusively for P&O, so you pay the full package price even if you arrange alternative flights to suit your own needs. Hope this helps.

The flights to/from Malta are not chartered exclusively by P&O. In their blurb, P&O do offer extra nights before or after the cruise, so it should be quite easy for you to book a longer stay. Call them direct and they will give you more information.

However, Caribbean flights are chartered exclusively for P&O, so you pay the full package price even if you arrange alternative flights to suit your own needs. Hope this helps.

Good comprehensive answer.

Looking at Oceana later this summer but would prefer to add a couple of night pre departure if possible.

Hi. Friends have just come back from the Malta Oceana cruise and they rang P&O and requested cruise only and the cruise price was amended to reflect this. They then booked independently with Jet2 for the flights. This was an advantage for them as it was at a time when the airport could not handle all the cruise flight passengers, but as their flight arrived a few hours earlier it was an easy taxi ride to the cruise terminal with no hassle.

I think for this one you need to talk to a good TA or a P&O person as not many on here will have experience of this as P&O have only just started to offer cruises from Malta.

I do know they experimented with cruise only fares a few years ago. Not heard much about them since. Certainly they don't do them to the Caribbean in the winter.

I would contact the company.

P&O will give you a cruise only price on any cruise any where they sail from . I have just done this on a malta sailing and a Caribbean sailing in January .They just give a certain discount per person on the headline price.

P&O will give you a cruise only price on any cruise any where they sail from . I have just done this on a malta sailing and a Caribbean sailing in January .They just give a certain discount per person on the headline price.

Although that price is possibly still higher than they would sell the cruise to a travel agent to package with flights and hotels.

I had this exact discussion with an agent I use, and they were able to produce a better price than buying the cruise (only) direct and putting together my own flights and hotels.

The company I have used was pretty flexible and allowed me to choose the flights I wanted without restriction on operator, date, time, or route. For hotels they had a more limited selection, but had something suitable.

Interesting, what kind of discount do you get?

This is certainly not widely known, I do know people who have arranged their own flights but have said they got very little if anything off the cruise price.

I'm curious about this one as well. Didn't think that P&O did this and as we have heard that the flight times are a nightmare (not direct) if you do a stay and cruise with them, then it has always been a definite 'no no' for us.

I'm curious about this one as well. Didn't think that P&O did this and as we have heard that the flight times are a nightmare (not direct) if you do a stay and cruise with them, then it has always been a definite 'no no' for us.

I think it could be handy if you wanted to go a few days early and make your own hotel arrangements.

With having the scooter I have given up on flying so not for me.

I think it could be handy if you wanted to go a few days early and make your own hotel arrangements.

With having the scooter I have given up on flying so not for me.

It works really well with Celebrity, so I am sure that people would make good use of it. Having said that, the P&O fly / cruise experience is far better than any experience we have had with Celebrity - it is like a well oiled machine.

Hi

We're on the 27 June departure from Malta. Our booking included an Easyjet flight from Gatwick, but partly because of the apparent problems with arrival and departure, and partly because we'd like a few days in Malta, we contacted our TA last week to remove the flight element. They contacted PandO and it wasn't a problem. There was no price reduction, as of course we'd already booked and paid,

but Easyjet flights are quite reasonable, the hotel was a great deal, and we get to spend a few days in Valletta. So I guess it's not a problem to book cruise only - wish we'd thought to do it!

Edited by lolabarola
Hadn't finished writing

This thread has taken an interesting turn. Last December, we wanted to arrange our own flights to/from the Caribbean. Having spoken with P&O, they declined to reduce the cost of the cruise/flight package, despite us not using their flights. In fact, the Flight Department were distinctly non-user friendly (not for the first time!).

We tried Princess who would have flown us with Virgin, but the luggage is not bonded, so we would have to deal with it ourselves. Also, because Princess ships don't wait if a flight is delayed, it required an extra day out of the office plus an additional night in a hotel. Fly/cruise package with P&O is indeed a very well-oiled machine but I think we may investigate the flight options again.

I'm cruising out of Malta next May. My TA has been able to get P&O to change the date of my outbound flight so that we fly to Malta 3 days before the cruise. Total cost - just an extra £20 per person.

Obviously I need to book and pay separately for the hotel and taxi transfers - but I have found a seafront hotel in Sliema with good reviews at £90 per room per night.