snacks onboard

StormySeas

I know that the food on cruises can be fantastic and the deserts indulgent. I want to ask if anybody takes "snacks" onboard with them. You know nibbles like pretzels, peanuts, chex mix or animal crackers. we like to have a drink on the balcony and enjoy something salty to snack on. I always take animal crackers (not the shortbread cookies) because they help settle my tummy when upset. is it worth it to anybody else to bring something like this onboard?

I know that the food on cruises can be fantastic and the deserts indulgent. I want to ask if anybody takes "snacks" onboard with them. You know nibbles like pretzels, peanuts, chex mix or animal crackers. we like to have a drink on the balcony and enjoy something salty to snack on. I always take animal crackers (not the shortbread cookies) because they help settle my tummy when upset. is it worth it to anybody else to bring something like this onboard?

Absolutely! We did it for the first time a few months ago...cookies, candy and chips. I love snacks while I read at night...this did the trick! We will be sailing out of Ft. Lauderdale next and stay near a CVS so we can stock up before we board.

We often take nuts and candy bars/chocolates. Anything else we get onboard, including chips/crisps, crackers and cheese, tortilla chips, cookies, etc. All available either room service, buffet or International Cafe 24/7.

We always do, for the same reason you do. They do have cheese and crackers usually in the horizon court that you can get and sometimes chips and salsa or guacamole. We brought our own peanuts, some chips and other snacks - after all....It is vacation!!!

yes, I take pretzels, wheat thins, chex mix, mixed nuts, and that type of thing. I am a snacker, especially on the beach, so want something salty to snack on. have been on almost 100 cruises and never have had any issues taking snacks on board

We bring pringles...they are very expensive on board and we can get them $1.50 @ Walgreens. Usually cruise for longer period and sometimes nice to have something when taking pills, etc. and not have to wait for room service or go to buffet. We also get Fritos. Yummy yummy for the tummy!!

I'm not much of a snacker and don't remember going long between meals at all on our last trip. When we were hungry at odd times of the day we would go grab some pizza or fries from Slice or the Salty Dog Grill on the CB. I still crave that darned pizza!

The International Cafe has lots of stuff to nibble on too and you could take that back to your room if you wanted to. Now you got me reminiscing of our recent trip and after dinner I'd always have a decaf cappuccino and I'd just take the cup and saucer and finish it in our room. Such a great ending to an evening! We ate late usually so we were tired after dinner and just wanted to relax a little.

I know that the food on cruises can be fantastic and the deserts indulgent.

Maybe I'm the exception but I find the desert hot and dry and the desserts on Princess are much prettier then their taste. The food is plentiful and I've never found the need to bring my own on board. You can go to the buffet and get some nuts and dried fruits and whatever else you want and bring it back to your cabin for your snacking.

Yes, we like some "normal" snacks! We bring a small amount of homemade trail mix. Nuts, M&M's, almonds, raisin's (or sultana's), etc., for snacking between lunch and dinner while we take a rest. We add whatever we find on the buffet. Sometimes there's nut's and raisin's, sometimes not:(.

I don't bring snacks onboard but I do usually bring two cans of Dr Pepper. I'm not a big soda drinker but do like a soda if I eat a hamburger and fries from the Trident grill or if they have a Mexican food buffet. Those types of foods seem to bring out a soda craving for some reason. :):):) I don't like Coke products so it's Dr Pepper if I'm going to drink soda.

I find there is plenty of snacky things available at lunch and afternoon tea time that I can take back to the cabin and snack on later. I generally do not like to take anything extra on the ship when I board, as I have paid for my ticket and rely on Princess to look after me. That's why I keep going on cruises.;)

I would weigh a 1000 lbs at the end of the week if I tried to snack on anything beyond what I have to walk to get! Lol. If I am hungry enough to walk to get it I figure I am truly hungry.

So no...we don't bring anything on board. As others have said there are plenty of nibble to grab whenever. And even on excursions we have always had snacks provided or else immediately accessible.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

If you are flying into and sailing from Australia or New Zealand, they have very strict rules on bringing food from out of their countries. You can do it to an extent; however, you must declare as you go thru customs/immigration at every stop. I know this from my most recent cruise.

If you are flying into and sailing from Australia or New Zealand, they have very strict rules on bringing food from out of their countries. You can do it to an extent; however, you must declare as you go thru customs/immigration at every stop. I know this from my most recent cruise.

Very few ports in the Caribbean don't let you take food off the ship.

It always pays to bring zip lock bags.;)

I usually bring a small bag of pretzels. It may take me all week to eat the whole bag and normally I try not to eat between meals. But a craving is a dangerous thing with so much food on board. Last thing I want is to need a little something, not have it in my cabin, run up to the buffet and lose my mind. Yeah, it's happened.

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Forums mobile app

Very few ports in the Caribbean don't let you take food off the ship.

It always pays to bring zip lock bags.;)

For Australia and New Zealand, only original packaging that is unopened gets you a pass upon declaration. Somebody, on a different non-cruise site, reported that on their return from Germany to their home in New Zealand, they forgot to dispose and to also declare an opened bag of Haribo gummy bears bought at the airport in Germany, and the x-ray or dogs alerted the inspectors and they were fined on the spot and subjected to a complete and thorough search of all their bags.

As we arrived at each port, the ship made announcements about no food could leave the ship.

It's just really important to read, pay attention and do your research ahead of time before you go, so you don't get into trouble.

On my South American cruise, I took sunflower seeds as some of the excursions were quite lengthy. No problems there.

For Australia and New Zealand, only original packaging that is unopened gets you a pass upon declaration. Somebody, on a different non-cruise site, reported that on their return from Germany to their home in New Zealand, they forgot to dispose and to also declare an opened bag of Haribo gummy bears bought at the airport in Germany, and the x-ray or dogs alerted the inspectors and they were fined on the spot and subjected to a complete and thorough search of all their bags.

As we arrived at each port, the ship made announcements about no food could leave the ship.

It's just really important to read, pay attention and do your research ahead of time before you go, so you don't get into trouble.

On my South American cruise, I took sunflower seeds as some of the excursions were quite lengthy. No problems there.

They're much tougher down under.