Voyager 6/7 Trip Review

Seven Seas Voyager

Monte Carlo to London June 7 for 11 days

Ship is beautiful, really loved it. Cruise was half full so we had truly amazing service. Such a great itinerary I don't understand why half full. Will post itinerary review in Europe folder soon. Several Cruise Critic posters were aboard. Would recommend seeing if your cruising with any of them as they were really fun. Was VERY pleased with the experience. Radisson does a great job. Food was great, just like in any fine restaurant, some dishes were better than others. Signatures always shined. I know its not fair, but with the ship half full we could eat there multiple times! Latitudes is a theater style show, with the stage being openings into the kitchen, so you see them preparing your meal. Neat concept and great food. As this cruise stopped in Bordeaux and Lisbon we had 6 wine/port tastings. Nicely done.

Pluses and minuses -vs- Mariner. The public spaces are located just enough different from the Mariner to keep me confused. We've done the Mariner twice so we kept going to the wrong deck. We liked the Mariner better, mostly due to vibration on Voyager. It was very noticeable in Horizon at tea. Even if the ship was not moving. Was much more noticeable when moving. Chief Engineer says they are struggling with what they can do about it. No easy answers. The Officers were much friendlier and much more available than on the Mariner (French -vs- Norwegian?). We saw the Captain strolling the decks interacting with people daily. Captain Knut is a nut. We really enjoyed chatting with him. Got our picture with him on the Bridge at open Bridge day. Captains usually hide during open Bridge day. Had dinner with the Chief Engineer and the Doctor (formal nights).

Saw part of some of the shows, weren’t impressed with what we saw. Enjoyed the harpist (which surprised me). Observation was a nice quiet place to go at night if you don't feel rowdy. Several of the officers were up there on formal nights. There is a barrel of Aquavit up there. Has to cross the equator (long story).

We had room 861, which is Penthouse B. It is the same square foot as a regular room, but its layout is significantly better. It felt like a much, much bigger room. I would highly recommend it. It was near the rear of the ship and there is a pronounced vibration when moving. It will bother some people more than others. I've read on these boards some people have asked to be moved forward. I can understand that, although we did not feel the need. Our biggest complaint was that our neighbor's cigarette smell came into our room through the A/C. That was really annoying.

You cannot see the water line from your cabin. You look down on part of the lifeboats and about 10 feet of the promenade deck. Not a good ship for the Panama Canal due to that.

We would not hesitate to do this ship again if the itinerary is better for us than the Mariner, but we prefer the Mariner.

Darrell,

Thanks for taking the time to write your review on our cruise. I don't know about you and Peggy but we're suffering from "cruise withdrawls". It's so easy to get spoiled!

We really enjoyed meeting you and Peggy!! Hopefully, we can cruise again together in the future. Take care my friend!

Peggy and Daryll, I got some great shots of you on the ship. Promise, they are not yet on the internet! A really good group shot in the Voyager Lounge, but they aren't even out of my camera yet! It was great to meet and sail with you.

Peggy and Darrell - Thanks for posting the review. I think you summed up the Voyager vs. Mariner points very well. We enjoyed meeting you both and hope to see you again soon. Looks like we're back on Mariner for our next trip. All the best, Anne & Gary

Archived