Booked HMC cabana online (CCL); How do I choose cabana #?

jeffthx

I have a Liberty cruise booked for Nov 2012, which is the same ship/itinerary we did in 2009. We enjoyed that cruise and the HMC cabana so much that we're doing it all over again.

Anyway, last time, we rushed onto the ship and booked a cabana as soon as we boarded. I remember that we were able to pick the specific cabana we wanted at the time that we reserved it. This time, I was able to reserve and pay for the cabana through the CCL website (more than a year ahead of time). However, there wasn't any place for me to select the specific cabana during the booking process (the site did inform me that only 11 of 15 were still available).

For anyone who has reserved a cabana on HMC online, how/when did you select the specific one?

Thanks

jj

You don't pick the specific cabana when you book. You either get to pick what is available when you board, or one will be assigned to you when you board. That varies by ship.

If you read down the board there are 3 large threads with all there is to know about HMC, the cabanas and everything else. There are pics, videos, maps and tons of other info.

Typhoon1- time for another appearence!!!:D:D:D

We were on the Miracle in 2009 and booked it as soon as we got on the ship. We asked for 12 and got it. Here is wifey takin it easy :) It was our favorite place we have been too and the cabana is worth it.

What made you pick #12?? location? I just booked one for my April 13, 2013 cruise and as I have never been there before I have no idea as to which one I should pick?

Any help is appreciated.

If you do some reading on the big threads about HMC and cabanas, you will see some want privacy and quiet, and go down the beach away from the main facilities. Others want (or need, for mobility issues) to be closer. Some want to be near the bathrooms, or not near the new Pirate Bar.

On Carnival you essentiually don't get to pick your cabana, it is assigned, unless you do some quick talking when you get on board.

If you do some reading on the big threads about HMC and cabanas, you will see some want privacy and quiet, and go down the beach away from the main facilities. Others want (or need, for mobility issues) to be closer. Some want to be near the bathrooms, or not near the new Pirate Bar.

On Carnival you essentiually don't get to pick your cabana, it is assigned, unless you do some quick talking when you get on board.

I have read here on the boards that you can pick you Cabana when you board the ship at the Excursions Desk. I am in the process of booking a May 2012 cruise to HMC, Grand Turks and Nassau and planning on renting a Cabana. I do hope I can pick mine. I'd like to be down the end in the quiet. Has anybody sailed on the Destiny and rented a cabana? Maybe you can tell me how it worked for you :confused:

I have read here on the boards that you can pick you Cabana when you board the ship at the Excursions Desk. I am in the process of booking a May 2012 cruise to HMC, Grand Turks and Nassau and planning on renting a Cabana. I do hope I can pick mine. I'd like to be down the end in the quiet. Has anybody sailed on the Destiny and rented a cabana? Maybe you can tell me how it worked for you :confused:

This seems to vary by ship. Some times you will be able to pick from what is left, others, the cabanas will be assigned.

I just booked my May 2012 cruise yesterday to HMC on the Destiny. The 2nd thing I did was book my cabana. The cost went up to $219 and it stated right on the page to go to the Shore Excursion Desk upon arrival to pick my cabana. If it does vary by ship, then the Destiny is one of the ships that don't pre-assign them.

• 2 weeks later...
I just booked my May 2012 cruise yesterday to HMC on the Destiny. The 2nd thing I did was book my cabana. The cost went up to $219 and it stated right on the page to go to the Shore Excursion Desk upon arrival to pick my cabana. If it does vary by ship, then the Destiny is one of the ships that don't pre-assign them.

I didn't realize that the cost of the cabanas was variable. I booked mine on November 9th for our sailing on the Miracle in May 2012. My cabana rental was $199.95. I wonder how they decide how much the cost should be for any particular day.

I didn't realize that the cost of the cabanas was variable. I booked mine on November 9th for our sailing on the Miracle in May 2012. My cabana rental was $199.95. I wonder how they decide how much the cost should be for any particular day.

Really? I wonder why mine was $20 more:confused: I'm only on a 5 day cruise so maybe its more money for the shorter cruises.

Oh well, a few less DODs for me I guess

Really? I wonder why mine was $20 more:confused: I'm only on a 5 day cruise so maybe its more money for the shorter cruises.

Oh well, a few less DODs for me I guess

That's CCL. There is no uniform policy. Policy varies from ship to ship and voyage to voyage. We have seen this reported in the past.

• 3 weeks later...

we also booked cabana for our 5 day cruise on ecstasy in Jan. we were told by rep to go to excursion desk after getting on board to choose a cabana of our choice so first come first pick,!!!!!! cabanas 1 through 4 are close to childrens area and bar and restruarant and the others get farther away from the public areas I have read lots of info on them the higher the # the farther down the beach deserted areas where hardly no swimmers go to long of a walk to the facilities food, drink, restrooms Etc. between 8 and 13 restroom facilities close, a moderate walk to bar and food. guess your choice would be whether you want the crowds around you or not!!!!

Archived