help with Bonaire

cancan

I read a review of a shore snorkel close to the pier. For the life of me I can't find it.

It suggested walking a short distance and then entering the water. They then

mentioned walking further along the shore in front of a resort and there was a platform

with a ladder. Then a third stop at another day use resort.

I would like to copy it and take it with us.

• 1 month later...

Bonaire is known for its diving due to clear waters and numerous sites accessible from the shore. So if you want to snorkel and save some money, here's some tips.

Upon disembarking the boat, go to your right and walk to Cha Cha Beach. You'll see a dock and you can snorkel right there. Bring snorkel equipment with you or rent from the dive shop across from the pier. Theres also a small beach to relax if you wish. Refreshments are also sold in the dive shop too.

You can go to the Divi Resort for a fee and snorkel on the jetti, that's where its really best to snorkel but you have to pay a fee to enter. IMHO, not worth it.

Another option, take a left once you disembark to catch the water taxi to Klein Bonaire. Beautiful beach and great snorkeling. This would be my number one choice because its really beautiful there and the snorkeling is awesome.

You see, you really don't need to book an expensive excursion and if you have your own mask and snorkel (really don't need fins), its free. The island is so small that you'll get back in plenty of time to catch your boat. You want to see turtles? Grab a taxi to Andrea 1 in Sabadeco and ask the driver to come back at a certain time. Tip- tell them a tad earlier since they are on island time:) But you can see turtles anywhere really. Andrea and Klein are the best bets though.

Word of caution- there's been an increased amount of armed robberies in the past few months so be careful. Gunpoint robberies at restaurants, shops, businesses, and homes.

Also, theft is a huge problem so watch your valuables or leave them on the ship.