Quest Maldives stop December 3

ctkathy

This stop was originally scheduled for a tendered stop at Kuda Bandos. Then switched to capitol Male that proved un popular. Now it is listed as Kuda Bandos again. The shore excursions have been in changed again. When the port was changed to Male some passengers made alternate plans to visit a nearby resort.

Passengers are very confused about what exactly will occur during this day as the Azamara site has now resisted shore Excursions in Male.

Kuda Bandos is a picnic island with limited food and seating. Will Azamara set up a bar b que and bring loungers to the island? Will the Quest move to Male for the shore excursions at some point during the day?

How can passengers find out the answers to details like this. ?

Last year we were scheduled to stop at Kuda Bandos and ended up docked in Male. There were loads of private boats taking people out to nearby islands which is what we did. We lazed, sunbathed and swam all day. We walked around Male when we returned. Not too much to see there.

There are some beaches in Male but women cannot wear swimsuits there as it is quite a strict Moslem country.

Edited by Grandma Gilly

We too , would like a definite answer from Azamara about just what is happening on the December 3rd stop at Kuda Bandos ,

Will the Quest arrange tenders to transfer to Male , for those who have already made plans and booked excursions ?

No, there is not a complimentary transfer to Male scheduled as it is another island. I do understand there is a ship tour going to Male. I hope this helps you plan your day.

No, there is not a complimentary transfer to Male scheduled as it is another island. I do understand there is a ship tour going to Male. I hope this helps you plan your day.

Hi Bonnie, thanks for the information. Can you confirm / find out whether passengers will have complimentary tenders from the ship to Kuda Bandos to 'do their own thing' as per most usual anchored stopovers? There is not much information on the Azamara website apart from the four tours being arranged by Azamara themselves.

We are eagerly awaiting a reply from someone at Azamara re Kuda Bandos.

Perhaps Bonnie has found an answer to Salad Munchers questions.

Sorry, guess I missed that question from SaladMunchers. I presume there'll be a tender to shore, but let me ask to make sure. Will get back to you as soon as I hear.

bb

We are eagerly awaiting a reply from someone at Azamara re Kuda Bandos.

Perhaps Bonnie has found an answer to Salad Munchers questions.

I got a quick reply! The answer is yes...there is a tender to Kuta Bandos. Here's what Claudius, our head itinerary planner says...

"Yes complimentary tender from ship to kuta only. Kuta is tiny. This is a beach stop."

I got a quick reply! The answer is yes...there is a tender to Kuta Bandos. Here's what Claudius, our head itinerary planner says...

"Yes complimentary tender from ship to kuta only. Kuta is tiny. This is a beach stop."

Thanks Bonnie its good to know what is actually going to happen! yes, it is a small Island, but at least we can get off the ship and have a lie on the sand or swim in the ocean! Regards

Thanks Bonnie. Looking forward to seeing this beatiful part of the world.

Phil