Azamara versus Oceania

Lemailu

I was just reading the Regent boards and have learned that Oceania is now offering a nice discount to our wonderful men in the military and Veterans. Apparently, 19 cruises with O provide this. Does AZ offer the same, better, or will are they considering doing the same for our wonderful men in service?

I was just reading the Regent boards and have learned that Oceania is now offering a nice discount to our wonderful men in the military and Veterans. Apparently, 19 cruises with O provide this. Does AZ offer the same, better, or will are they considering doing the same for our wonderful men in service?

I suspect there are some wonderful women in the military, as well.

Edited by marinaro44

I suspect there are some wonderful women in the military, as well.

Yes, there are and I apologize for the oversight. No plans to go into "combat" with you as I thought this was something very positive for all of our military and did not want any negativity brought into the discussion. You forgot the important part....please answer my question?

Yes, there are and I apologize for the oversight. No plans to go into "combat" with you as I thought this was something very positive for all of our military and did not want any negativity brought into the discussion. You forgot the important part....please answer my question?

I'll answer. The answer is yes, Azamara does offer military discounts, as does every other cruise line out there. Not on every cruise, though. It's a random thing as to which itineraries offer a military rate. I know there are travel agencies that specialize in cruises/vacations that have the discount, which makes it a little easier to ferret out the deals. I think it's a wonderful thing to give our military a bit of a break, no matter which line they sail with. They certainly deserve it.

If Azamara would put money int otheir cabins the great line would be even better.

But they are, albeit verrrrry slowly. They rolled out new coffee tables they day we left the Journey in Barcelona. And I think I read somewhere that the sofas are being reupholstered next? I don't think Journey and Quest will ever be as glamorous looking as Oceania's R class ships,though. But that's okay with me. I grew up in New England and we have a more austere view of opulence in decor! I don't mind that compared to Oceania, Azamara is plainer, but I am glad that for people who like a small ship like the R class, they have the option of both O and A. Choice is what it's all about to get the cruise experience that makes you happiest.

But they are, albeit verrrrry slowly. They rolled out new coffee tables they day we left the Journey in Barcelona. And I think I read somewhere that the sofas are being reupholstered next? i saw your picture but i sent heike a note about the Club Suites and she at that time said nothing was plannned for them. This is when they said they were doing the extra large suites. Now that could change.. I had a chair replaces mid cruise as there was a hole in it-plain as day.. my carpet needs replacing.. stain. this was cabin 8040 and 42 was fine. little things need help. bed is fine..

I don't think Journey and Quest will ever be as glamorous looking as Oceania's R class ships,though. But that's okay with me. i like a little more glam - but also comfy- still can not handel the chairs where Max plays. I grew up in New England and we have a more austere view of opulence in decor! where? i am boston bred!I don't mind that compared to Oceania, Azamara is plainer, but I am glad that for people who like a small ship like the R class, they have the option of both O and A. Choice is what it's all about to get the cruise experience that makes you happiest.

happier on A but would like an update in cabins.. I am very excited about the new pool furniture- deck 11 here i come.

But they are, albeit verrrrry slowly. They rolled out new coffee tables they day we left the Journey in Barcelona. And I think I read somewhere that the sofas are being reupholstered next? I don't think Journey and Quest will ever be as glamorous looking as Oceania's R class ships,though. But that's okay with me. I grew up in New England and we have a more austere view of opulence in decor! I don't mind that compared to Oceania, Azamara is plainer, but I am glad that for people who like a small ship like the R class, they have the option of both O and A. Choice is what it's all about to get the cruise experience that makes you happiest.

I do hope they upgrade interiors because I have cruised with them for itinerary. I like the small ship experience and would look at them again if they upgrade. Until that happens it is O for us. As for New England, I live here 7 months a year and nothing beats our Autumn colors or Green Summers. Agree wholeheartedly. Brr.. it is chilly today.

Pam,

I found your observations very helpful as I am actively considering Oceania in 2015 when Quest is chartered for a long period.

There are things I would enjoy on Riviera and Marina which look like beautiful ships like the larger bathrooms and afternoon tea.

But it appears from your and others comments that the ship is generally quiet after 10.30 and the crew is less engaged which I would find rather alien.

And while none of us know what our fellow passengers will be like until we are on board, I have always met delightful people and made many friends on all of my Azamara voyages.

But if I find an interesting itinerary or a good deal think I will give O a try. But my sense is that A may be a better fit for me.

I endorse your comments,

I was somewhat concerned regarding the changes to the loyalty program on Azamara for awhile but all seems in order now. What I do wish to comment on, is the wonderful staff on Azamara. I travel solo and the family atmosphere is wonderful. When you travel across the world alone and join either of the ships you immediately feel your with family. Other family members have also sailed with Azamara many times and they have had the same welcoming experience. I can't speak too highly of Russ (CD Quest). My father's luggage was lost by an airline and was sailing with Quest to Antarctica with only his cabin bag, Russ could not have done more to assist. The crew is what keeps me a returning customer. Congratulations Azamara crew for your hospitality and thank you for listening to your past passengers re the loyalty program.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

I endorse your comments,

I was somewhat concerned regarding the changes to the loyalty program on Azamara for awhile but all seems in order now. What I do wish to comment on, is the wonderful staff on Azamara. I travel solo and the family atmosphere is wonderful. When you travel across the world alone and join either of the ships you immediately feel your with family. Other family members have also sailed with Azamara many times and they have had the same welcoming experience. I can't speak too highly of Russ (CD Quest). My father's luggage was lost by an airline and was sailing with Quest to Antarctica with only his cabin bag, Russ could not have done more to assist. The crew is what keeps me a returning customer. Congratulations Azamara crew for your hospitality and thank you for listening to your past passengers re the loyalty program.

Sent using the Cruise Critic forums app

the key word here is FAMILY!!! I call the ships my second home! Russ is my dancing brother and Eric my singing brother.. As far as the captains and HD's etc count down is on for jan.

• 2 weeks later...

It seems that Azamara is ahead of Oceania again:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showpost.php?p=44764366&postcount=75