Le Soleil Opinions for Playbill Cruise

AlanR2

Hi all. I am getting ready to book the next Playbill Cruise which is on the "Le Soleil" Ponant cruise line. I am totally unfamiliar with this line and wondering if anyone had opinions about it. We have sailed Regent, Silversea & Seabourn and love them. This one includes some Broadway celebs and sails South China Seas.

thanks for any thoughts,

Alan

• 3 weeks later...

It's my favourite one. Perhaps it would be considered as upper premium yacht Style. Comparing to others, cabins are a bit smaller but with an awesome decoration from frech guru Jean Phillip Nuel. Ambiance smart casual less stiff than Silversea or Regent. Food for me is perhaps the best afloat being french haute cuisine. Quality has deteriorated a bit, but still great.

Shows are fine, good lectures, and friendly crew.

keltic,

I watched your video, very nice, gives a good impression of the ship. I am looking forward to the French bread and pastries.

A question: On ships with mainly American passengers, indoor temperatures tend to be frigid. I noticed that the same cruise line kept warmer temperatures on a ship with mainly Australian passengers. Do you happen to know whether L'Austral cranked up its air conditioning system to icebox degrees or was it somewhat 'normal'? Our cruise is part of a longer land trip with public transportation. I therefore need to pack prudently with the appropriate clothing.

I usually find ships with american passengers to be quite cold. Temperatures on Ponant are fine for me so they probably have a bit of degrees more. Heating system works fine, and sometimes it's a bit irregular up in the buffet. But I suppose this is due to the constant sliding doors opening and closing all the time.

• 1 month later...

Keltic,

We are getting closer to our cruise, have paid full, and are trying to book excursions offered by the ship. There was no provision on the website and our travel agent said, we had to wait until we are on the ship. Can this be true? We have never encountered this issue before. We always booked what we wanted on line directly with the cruise line and subtracted or added once on board if still possible.

On our Ponant cruise, there is one excursion we absolutely want to do. It's to Suzhou from Shanghai. We were in Shanghai recently, so no need to repeat a visit to the same sites. If most passengers are Shanghai newbies, they will not want to go outside the city and therefore the Suzhou excursion might be canceled. We would have to make other Suzhou excursion arrangements long before the cruise.

• 2 years later...