Nice beach close to cruise terminal Antigua

wolf7

there isnt one near the cruise terminal but I can recommend fryes or valley church beach (about a half hour taxi ride from st johns about $8pp)

lots of stunning beaches on antigua, depends what you are looking for in a beach? taxi driver will advise

there isnt one near the cruise terminal but I can recommend fryes or valley church beach (about a half hour taxi ride from st johns about $8pp)

lots of stunning beaches on antigua, depends what you are looking for in a beach? taxi driver will advise

I'd endorse Valley Church too - one of our favourite beaches. We've done it by local bus but if you only want a couple of hours there, a taxi would be much more time efficient.

Hi

Can someone tell what the nicest beach to spend a couple of hours close to the cruise terminal in Antigua?

wolf7

Nicest place?

Jacqui O's Beach House and beach, is just a short taxi ride (can be shared) from the pier.

An oasis of shabby chic class away from the cruise heards.

Huge loungers, great cocktails and beers, also consider taking a light lunch.

Best to book your lunch in advance to save disappointment.

Our must visit place every time in Antigua.

:D

I'd endorse Valley Church too - one of our favourite beaches. We've done it by local bus but if you only want a couple of hours there, a taxi would be much more time efficient.

HI WOLF AS KRUZEEKA SAID LOADS TO CHOOSE FROM, WE WENT TO DICKENSON BEACH HALF AN HOUR FROM THE SHIP. SANDEL,S HAVE THERE HOTEL RIGHT ON THE BEACH SAME DRIVER WILL DROP YOU OFF AND PICK YOU UP ONLY A FEW DOLLAR,S AND HE WONT TAKE THE MONEY TILL YOUR BACK BY THE SHIP , HAVE SMASHING CRUISE.:cool:

Nicest place?

Jacqui O's Beach House and beach, is just a short taxi ride (can be shared) from the pier.

Welcome to the Thomson Cruises board PORT ROYAL:eek:. You will find it a little different to the P&O board on here. Hope you enjoy the experience.:)

You may notice P&O occasionally gets a mention.

Edited by Malch_uk

Welcome to the Thomson Cruises board PORT ROYAL:eek:. You will find it a little different to the P&O board on here. Hope you enjoy the experience.:)

You're not kidding Malch! :eek:

Beginning to wonder about the Azura in January. Could be back in short shrift if I find some of the posters typical of those on board!!! To be fair that's not what we found when we did P&O previously but my goodness it's a bit of a mine field over there. I thought some posts were a wind up to start with (spent too long on here! :D ) but I don't think so. What's really difficult are the challenges behind some posts. On some threads they appeared to be incapable of having a friendly debate or respectful difference of opinion. Put downs are common. :( There was even a comment about over use of smileys! Haven't dared use one since even though it wasn't my post! :eek:

Nicest place?

Googled it and it does look lovely Port Royal.. Is it a resort with an entry fee or do you just pay for beach furniture and food/drinks as on other beaches? What are charges like? Looks from the map to be very close to Valley Church.

Googled it and it does look lovely Port Royal.. Is it a resort with an entry fee or do you just pay for beach furniture and food/drinks as on other beaches? What are charges like? Looks from the map to be very close to Valley Church.

It is a beach restaurant and bar. Entry is free. Pay for beds, food and drinks.

Cocktails are about 30% more than usual, but much better, with waiter/ess service to your sofa, sunbed or table.

Food is excellent.

Beds approx. $10.00

It is a class place, where all guests have the respect of etiquette and manners, which frightens many off.

Send them an E-mail for further questions. They will be pleased to hear from you.

It is a beach restaurant and bar. Entry is free. Pay for beds, food and drinks.

Cocktails are about 30% more than usual, but much better, with waiter/ess service to your sofa, sunbed or table.

Food is excellent.

Beds approx. $10.00

It is a class place, where all guests have the respect of etiquette and manners, which frightens many off.

Send them an E-mail for further questions. They will be pleased to hear from you.

Sounds great. I think we'd really enjoy that. Unfortunately Antigua isn't on our itinerary this year (it was the one port we agonised over - eventually choosing the alternate itinerary which left it out) but I'll file that away for future reference. Will be good to have somewhere well recommended to try as we've been reluctant to go to anywhere which would be a disappointment compared with Valley Church. Prices for furniture are fairly typical and paying a bit extra is worth it for quality. Thanks.

Sounds great. I think we'd really enjoy that. Unfortunately Antigua isn't on our itinerary this year (it was the one port we agonised over - eventually choosing the alternate itinerary which left it out) but I'll file that away for future reference. Will be good to have somewhere well recommended to try as we've been reluctant to go to anywhere which would be a disappointment compared with Valley Church. Prices for furniture are fairly typical and paying a bit extra is worth it for quality. Thanks.

J'o is far far superior to VC.

May one make an observation?

J'o has behaviourial standards which are enforced, VC does not.

I had noticed that :) We have been P&O regulars for 10 years but have been frequenting this board ahead of a NY cruise on Majesty. I have a few question but more of that later.....

you can put your towel down on any beach on antigua ...any beach that takes your fancy (wether there is a resturant/bar there or not) all beaches on antigua public and there are literally 100's to choose from ...there is a perfect beach for everyone on antigua:cool:

J'o is far far superior to VC.

May one make an observation?

J'o has behaviourial standards which are enforced, VC does not.

just googled it too .... sounds nice, if a little out of my price bracket tbh? I'm on a cruise so I wont be needing lunch (i'll take my homemade/buffetmade sandwiches and get some fruit from the market in st johns ...saves me having to get up from my sunbed:cool:....chewing on a juicy tropical soursop ....on a perfect beach ...thats what i call bliss):cool:;)

You certainly may. Just hope I come up to the standards required!

Know you enjoy your day at J'o, you will love the ambience. Please remember to book early for Lunch as it is very popular because of the food quality, and the views from the tables.

just googled it too .... sounds nice, if a little out of my price bracket tbh? I'm on a cruise so I wont be needing lunch (i'll take my homemade/buffetmade sandwiches and get some fruit from the market in st johns ...saves me having to get up from my sunbed:cool:....chewing on a juicy tropical soursop ....on a perfect beach ...thats what i call bliss):cool:;)

Just book lunch for the experience (it will beat the buffet snacks).

And order cocktails from your sunbed

After all, you are on vacation, so enjoy the complete J'o day.

Having dined and wined once, you will want to return again and again.

No, because you have put it on the internet :)

J'o was already on the Internet.:confused:

Trip Advisor, Facebook, advertising, personal recommendations, etc etc.

Hope you will now take lunch and drinks at J'o on your next visit to Antigua?

Just enjoy the experience, even if it is your once a year special treat for you and partner, plus family and friends. :D

Then you can spread the word from experience. :D

J'o was already on the Internet.:confused:

Trip Advisor, Facebook, advertising, personal recommendations, etc etc.

Hope you will now take lunch and drinks at J'o on your next visit to Antigua?

Just enjoy the experience, even if it is your once a year special treat for you and partner, plus family and friends. :D

Then you can spread the word from experience. :D

Twas only TIC.

I may well give it a go, any Antiguan beach is worth a visit

I had noticed that :) We have been P&O regulars for 10 years but have been frequenting this board ahead of a NY cruise on Majesty. I have a few question but more of that later.....
Welcome to Thomson boards Somerset Cruiser.

I hope you enjoy your cruise on the Majesty. She is my favourite Thomson ship. I know some don't like her, but I think you will find the majority do like her.

We are considering a Caribbean cruise with P&O but TBH the posts on the P&O boards are putting me off although Kruzseeka assures me that the people on the ships are just like Thomson people and very friendly.

Thanks Linda,

I get the impression there is little to choose between them other than P&O has bigger and newer ships.

People are people wherever you find them, one incident on a ship and even with 3000 passengers everyone soon gets to hear a version of it.

Don't be put off 99% of P&Oers are friendly and sociable.

Thanks Linda,

I get the impression there is little to choose between them other than P&O has bigger and newer ships.

People are people wherever you find them, one incident on a ship and even with 3000 passengers everyone soon gets to hear a version of it.

Don't be put off 99% of P&Oers are friendly and sociable.

Thanks Somerset Cruiser :)