A good place to sit for last off ship

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 05:17 AM.
Jacksonville, FL USA
47,292 Posts
Joined Jan 2003
Originally posted by PinotBlanc
Sounds like Elites get ushered off in a line.

PB
Nope, not necessarily. Depends on what time you are disembarking.
I have been last off before and not ushered off anywhere
I waited till as close to the end as I could.....by the time I got into
the terminal most of the baggage was all gone and it was soooooo
easy to find mine
Dayton, OH, USA
1,778 Posts
Joined Dec 2002
Ruthk--wow! I've never seen more than 15 or so people in the places they've put us. I've done it on Summit twice, Constellation and Millenium once each. Sailing Summit again 2-2.
Hope that is the case again. The key is to get there as early as possible, just like with the muster drill.
3,162 Posts
Joined May 2006
Originally posted by Kathie44
Ruthk--wow! I've never seen more than 15 or so people in the places they've put us. I've done it on Summit twice, Constellation and Millenium once each. Sailing Summit again 2-2.
Hope that is the case again. The key is to get there as early as possible, just like with the muster drill.
. . . or not!

Being Elite, we could have gone to the Tuscan Grill to wait for disembarkation, but the breakfast there finished earlier than we wanted.

For us, hurrying to get there for breakfast on the last day would have defeated our intention to get off the ship late, without rushing. That's why we chose to go to the AquaSpa Cafe, which was quiet, and where we had a leisurely breakfast.

No rush, no crowds, no hassle - perfect for us.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Troop ship, Alexandria to Southampton 1945, 7 days. River Nile paddle steamer, Sudan to Tanganyika & return, 1946, 1947.
MV Akaroa, Southampton to Auckland 1968, 48 days. Yangtse River Cruise 2005, 4 days. Nile cruise Luxor to Aswan 2008 - 4 days.
Holland America - 58 cruising days, 100 status days.
Celebrity - 70 days.
Royal Caribbean - 72 days.
"I must go down to the seas again, to the lonely sea and the sky. And all I ask is a tall ship and a star to steer her by." (John Masefield: "Sea Fever.")