Get The Picture Package

Has anybody got feedback on the Get The Picture Package?

Does it include any prints, is it worth it?

Are there any restrictions on printing your own whwn you get home?

Does it include all the special pictures with cruise specific overlays, ship photos etc?

How does the online promotional price compare at $199 compare to the onboard price?

If you are talking about the DVD package, it includes all the pictures you took during the week but without any of overlays. The package did not include any prints when we got it (April - Liberty) but there was a discount if you had any prints done.

I believe we had paid $250 on board Liberty in April for the DVD so $199 would be good price. It might have gone down since then though.

And sorry, you can print a release from Royal Caribbean when you get home that allows you to print the pictures anywhere, I've never had an issue.

For us, it was well worth it as we had a lot of pictures and it costs much less to print at home than to pay $20 a print.

If you know you will get the DVD, go ahead and take lots of pictures with ship photographers.

And again, no pictures with overlays or ship pictures are included in package.

Thanks,

Can everyone in the have their sea pass card attached to the photo package to identify what photos are yours or did they only allow one person?

How did they handel photos where your sea pass card isn't scanned at the time of the shot? Did you just to take the photos up to the desk and ask for them to be added to your account/disk?

Has anybody got feedback on the Get The Picture Package?

Does it include any prints, is it worth it?

Are there any restrictions on printing your own whwn you get home?

Does it include all the special pictures with cruise specific overlays, ship photos etc?

How does the online promotional price compare at $199 compare to the onboard price?

All cruises have different prices listed online for Presale. I've seen $199.99 and I've seen $159.99 and I've seen $299.99. While on board the Explorer the cost was $299.99 for a cd of all the photos taken of you and a release so you can print them at home/walmart/walgreens/snapfish/etc. Therefore you're getting 1/2 off by buying it ahead of time. And if you know you've spent the money and bought it you'll be more inclined to smile for all the photographers.

Many thanks to you all for your replies so far.

I suspect that the differing prices are determined by the cruise length.

Not sure if it's worth £130 or whatever it works out at.

It would mean that we would have every shot possible taken and then not have to choose which ones to buy, just print off the best ones at a much more reasonable cost later. Plus it's better to have the digital file anyway.

Thanks for your feedback

What are overlays?:o

One example of an overlay is when you first board, they take your picture and when they print it, it has a picture os the ship in. the background with the name of the ship and date of the sailing.

For these, if buying the DVD, you can just by prints of the overlay pics if you want those. They also do overlays with some of the pics they take when you disembark at the various ports.

I suspect that the differing prices are determined by the cruise length.

That would make sense wouldn't it? But no.. it's not that.. and it's not the newest ships are more expensive.

The Explorer of the Seas 9 night in September is $299 but 2 weeks later the same ship and 9 night is $159. The Allure is $199 but the Monarch is $299 for less nights on the ship. There seems to be absolutely no method. Perhaps it depends on how fast people book the cruise? But there's no way I'd be able to tell.. I checked ours one week and it said $199 and one week later it said $159. I went to buy it and it was back up to $199. It seems to be luck of the draw...

They are cheesy borders that tend to annoy me. :) I am happy that the cds don't include them.

I love your definition! We, no lie, bought one 8x10 photo of us from a formal night.. 8X10 people.. and they hand it to us with the picture being a 3x5 and the entire other part of the picture stating how many eggs are used each week, how many chickens are used each week, how much milk is used each week. WHY WOULD WE CARE? We want a picture, not a fact sheet. It was ridiculous!

Does anyone know if they offer a package that just covers hard copies of the photos produced on board? We really would only want one copy of each photo so getting them all on a disk wouldn't be much value added for us (other than losing the sometimes cheesy backgrounds)...

We paid $300 on a 7 night cruise on Allure. Periodically on the cruise you should look at what pictures they have linked to your pass. We had several pictures missing that we wish we had tracked down before we got the disk. (Some pictures are linked to you via facial recognition and we were missing several of those.) The release you get covers most everything you would need to do. You can print, etc. It pretty much just restricts you from using the pictures commercially. We had two rooms and they did link the two for us since we had the same address, but in general it is easiest to just hand the photographer the same sea pass every time you take a picture.

We generally buy 10 photos (or some "deal" where we buy 4, get 1 free or something?) on many cruises and ours is listed at $199. I think we will buy to aid in the time savings spent the last 2 days grabbing ALL of the photos and going through them one-by-one (we throw away the obvious "no" shots as we go but usually have a bunch to go through). This is the only time per year that we make our kids dress up and take photos and we LOVE the white background shots and will generally do those 2 or 3 times.

This way, we'll just check periodically that all of our pics are showing up on our seapass and then grab the CD the last night!

Does anyone know if they offer a package that just covers hard copies of the photos produced on board? We really would only want one copy of each photo so getting them all on a disk wouldn't be much value added for us (other than losing the sometimes cheesy backgrounds)...

This past Feb on Adventure on the first & second day of the cruise they offered a special booklet for $50 that let you purchase $80 worth of photos that were printed. I may be a little off on the figures can't remember exactly, I ended up buying 2 booklets and it did save us some money and we got only the photos that we wanted.

I just checked to see what the price is for our January 2012 cruise--and it's not available yet. But my question is: Is anyone concerned or have any issue/problem with the vendor being someone other than RCCL? It sounds like those who have purchased it have had good experiences, but when there is a "non-RCCL, we're not responsible for anything" disclaimer appears when you click to purchase...it makes me wonder.

Last question: can someone tell me what the standard price is now for a 5x7 and an 8x10? I recall that sometimes there are deals onboard, but what is the basic price?

Thanks!

Jane

On Independence recently I got the photos only package, it was $299 for all the prints. I didnt bother with the CD as well as I have a good scanner at home and simply scanned them all when we got back.

Scanning is a good secondary option but not your best choice. Getting the photos in their original form is the best method. When it's printed and then scanned back in your losing some of the color and dot quality. I have scanned them in at 600dpi and still have to always edit out a few specs and imperfections (or dust I didn't see) in the print out that I didn't notice when looking a the actual print in 8x10 format.

Scanning is a good secondary option but not your best choice. Getting the photos in their original form is the best method. When it's printed and then scanned back in your losing some of the color and dot quality. I have scanned them in at 600dpi and still have to always edit out a few specs and imperfections (or dust I didn't see) in the print out that I didn't notice when looking a the actual print in 8x10 format.

yes you're right, but I dont plan on printing them out again and I don't see the point in spending an extra $50 for the digital copies as well as the prints.

yes you're right, but I dont plan on printing them out again and I don't see the point in spending an extra $50 for the digital copies as well as the prints.

I can understand that, definitely. :) I'm an IT person and prefer to have everything in media format over physcial print because odds are I'm sending the picture across the internet instead of mailing photos out.

Just to clarify, if you take a picture in front of a backdrop (picture of ship or so), then that will be in picture on the CD. What is considered Overlay is when you take the picture in the dining room and then when it is printed, it says the name of dinning room and has other borders/words on it.

As for pictures taken when you don't have your seapass, they use the face recognition software. When you first board, they take your picture and use software to try to match up pictures. It doesn't alway work but you can bring any printed picture to the desk and they will add to your account if missing. We took pictures on the beach in Labadee and they ended up on our seapass even if we never showed it before.

I know you can't combine cabins but if you are with others and give your seapass card, those pictures usually end up on your card.

Hope that helps.

We were on FOS a few weeks ago and for $149 we got all our images on a CD. You take it home and can unlock any 10 pics from the CD for that price. There were more expensive options as well for more photos. Anytime we got our pic taken we would hand the photographer all sea pass cards (per his request) for the people in the pics then that particular pic would be on everyones room when we viewed them. So my disc had pics from all 5 rooms we had. The only downside was that it puts copyright images through faces so it was really hard to decide which 10 we wanted to unlock. It would be nice to lay all the actual pictures out and have them add those 10 to a disc so I could pick the ones with the best faces.

We were on FOS a few weeks ago and for $149 we got all our images on a CD. You take it home and can unlock any 10 pics from the CD for that price. There were more expensive options as well for more photos. Anytime we got our pic taken we would hand the photographer all sea pass cards (per his request) for the people in the pics then that particular pic would be on everyones room when we viewed them. So my disc had pics from all 5 rooms we had. The only downside was that it puts copyright images through faces so it was really hard to decide which 10 we wanted to unlock. It would be nice to lay all the actual pictures out and have them add those 10 to a disc so I could pick the ones with the best faces.

I really hope you only get 10 of them. That is not at all the way they represented it on the My Pictures website where I preordered our CD.

Archived