Wine and Dine Package??

Hi,

We are going on Allure in Dec 2014, for the wine and dine package in prior cruises we use to be able to buy 5, 7 and 10 bottles, why is it when I go on the website to book it, it now says it 183.15 cdn per person? Did they change the packages available? Before you were able to share a bottle with people sitting at your table?:confused:

Wine & Dine Package

Prices Starting From*183.15 CAD Adult

Thanks

Nancy

Edited by kissykitty2002

Hi,

We are going on Allure in Dec 2014, for the wine and dine package in prior cruises we use to be able to buy 5, 7 and 10 bottles, why is it when I go on the website to book it, it now says it 183.15 cdn per person? Did they change the packages available? Before you were able to share a bottle with people sitting at your table?:confused:

Wine & Dine Package

Prices Starting From*183.15 CAD Adult

Thanks

Nancy

You can share bottles from the Wine & Dine package with anyone. The second page of this document has the prices:

http://media.royalcaribbean.com/content/royal/en_US/pdf/beverage_packages.pdf

Edited by clarea

• 4 weeks later...
5 bottles $165. Is this per person or total for 5 bottles? Can you choose any 5 from their list of the 10 listed?

The $165 is the total for the 5 bottles. You can choose any 5 from their list. They can be 5 different bottles, all the same, or any combination.

Can you choose any 5 from their list of the 10 listed?

As Bob said, you can choose your five bottles however you wish, but I was confused by the "10 listed" part. There are 2 sparkling, 9 white, and 10 red wines listed in their Wine & Dine package list. Perhaps you were only counting their red wines, but I wanted to make sure you knew the full selection available to you.

Yes thank you was only counting the reds. From what I can tell from the list of reds most at retail where between $15 - $20 bottles of wine. Say even on the high side $20 x 5 is $100.00. There package is $165? Typically restaurant mark up.

I think the OP is asking why can they not purchase different size packages (5, 7 , 10 bottles) since the planner only shows the price for the 5 bottle package. The answer to that question is that once you click "Add to Cart", then you are presented with the different size packages and can select how many bottles you wish to purchase.

Yes thank you was only counting the reds. From what I can tell from the list of reds most at retail where between $15 - $20 bottles of wine. Say even on the high side $20 x 5 is $100.00. There package is $165? Typically restaurant mark up.

Actually, we have found Royal's mark-up to be less than a typical big city restaurant, especially for the higher end wines.

Hi Daghis

Thanks for the info. Where did you get the list price on the wines? I priced them all out on wine searchers and the reds came nowhere near those prices?

The list price is Royal Caribbean's price if you buy those wines by the bottle a la carte onboard. They were taken from another Cruise Critic member's information that was collected from a cruise in 2013. They seemed to still reflect the current reality during my cruise this past March.

Edited by Daghis

So getting the 5 bottle package and ordering Moscato each time probably wasn't the best move :o

It's crazy that you have to have access to a spreadsheet to know what kind of deal you are getting. Years ago, the Wine Package was a good deal, you saved money on every bottle. Now you have to be careful because they raised the price and changed the selections.