tropical depression #4 - 5 day forecast

Welcome to Cruise Critic! If you'd like to participate on our forums by joining in the conversation, please Register Now! Be sure to visit our FAMOUS Roll Call forums, where you can meet other cruisers sailing with you and share a tour or shore excursion and SAVE MONEY!

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts
BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
All times are GMT -4.
The time now is 10:00 PM.
Baltimore, MD
278 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
I'll pretend I never even saw your picture, ignorance is bliss...

Let's hope it does a u-turn and goes back where it came from, but if it can't do that then hopefully it will swing WAAAY northeast like Alex did...
Toronto, Ontario, Canada
3,625 Posts
Joined Apr 2004
Maybe if it slows down a bit the Z can get the heck out of Ft Lauderdale and move us on to Key West (or further) before TD #4 (or 5 or 6 or 7 or....) arrives.
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
Alison

------------------------------------------
Star Princess
06/16 Alaska Voyage of the Glaciers ~ Northbound
Emerald Princess

06/15 Mediterranean & Aegean
Princess Academy Commodore Cruise
10/15 Grand Caribbean Sampler
HAL - ms Zaandam

09/14 Circle Hawaii Retirement Cruise!
Celebrity Eclipse

03/12 Eastern Caribbean

HAL - ms Eurodam
08/09 Gems of the Baltic ~ 03/10 Eastern Caribbean

HAL - ms Nieuw Amsterdam
03/11 Western Caribbean
HAL - ms Noordam
08/07 Alaskan Explorer Via Glacier Bay
HAL - ms Westerdam
03/07 Western Caribbean ~ 03/08 Western Caribbean ~ 03/09 Southern Caribbean
HAL - ms Zuiderdam
03/04 Eastern Caribbean ~ 07/04 Western Caribbean ~ 08/04 Western Caribbean ~ 03/05 Eastern Caribbean ~ 08/05 Eastern Caribbean
NCL - Dawn
08/06 Bermuda & Bahamas

Next Up...

Nothing yet :-(

Baltimore, MD
278 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
Originally posted by divinggirl
Now check the link, it looks as though it may head more northerly...but then there's also TD 5...
Hey, the 11 PM update has newly named "Danielle" turning northerly, seemingly right at Baltimore...all this talk about down south, would it not be unbelievable if FLL was fine and I couldn't leave THIS PLACE??!?!?!?!?!

Well, now it seems as though TD 5 may be the problem, looking to head towards GC and Jamaica by Wed...
Franklin, MA USA
6,705 Posts
Joined Apr 2003
Originally posted by divinggirl
Hey, the 11 PM update has newly named "Danielle" turning northerly, seemingly right at Baltimore...all this talk about down south, would it not be unbelievable if FLL was fine and I couldn't leave THIS PLACE??!?!?!?!?!

Well, now it seems as though TD 5 may be the problem, looking to head towards GC and Jamaica by Wed...
Zui will be sailing Eastern Caribbean route this week...but I hope all these storms are gone by the time we board the ship! (I hope!!!)
Expand Signature
Collapse Signature
X~Century(03,07)~Mercury(05)~Summit(15,17)~Silhouette(16) PCL~Caribbean(06,09,10)~Ruby(08)~Grand(12)~Royal(17)
RCI~Splendor(04)~Explorer(07,09,10)~Brilliance(13)~Allure(16)~Anthem(16,17) HAL~Zuiderdam(04)~Veendam(16) NCL~Sun(06)~Spirit(08)~Dawn(11)~Jewel(12)~Gem(12,17)~Breakaway(14) MSC~Poesia(14)~Divina(14) CCL~Liberty(05)~Miracle(11)~Glory(13) River Cruises USSR~Komarno (90,91)
Baltimore, MD
278 Posts
Joined Jul 2004
TS 5 will almost certainly affect the Caribbean and Gulf later this week, and I think possibly the Zuiderdam sailing this week and maybe our 8/21 W. Caribbean sailing...Although it seems to be fast moving, projected to be around Jamaica by Wed, if it turns like Charley it will be virtually the same timing.

I hope this is not the case, obviously, I don't think FL can handle another one so soon...