bring your own booster seat?

kissykitty2002

Hi,

Just wondering for the people that have cruise with infants, if you want to feed them in the cabin what do you do?

Do you bring your own portable high chair (booster seat)? I can't remember having a chair in our cabin where we could attach it to?

I would prefer to feed my 9 month old in our cabin instead of the dining room, she can be messy at time.

I'm planning on bringing a plastic mat for the floor but not sure if I should also bring a booster, space is getting kind of limited.

Nancy

I wouldn't bother with the booster seat (or the mat for that matter). I have never seen a chair in a cabin that would accommodate a booster seat very well anyway. However, I would think that you could get a high chair delivered to your cabin if you needed one. We have found that we have to pack so much extra stuff for our daughter already that anything we can make do without we try to leave behind.

We have taken our now 20 month old on 3 cruises so far and she has done quite well in the dining room. Works out better for us to feed her at the same time we eat as it keeps her occupied (for a bit anyway) and gives us time to enjoy our dinner.

When we have fed her in the cabin (usually just breakfast) we have either held her in our lap (before she could sit up) or once should could sit up we just put her on the bed with a plastic plate and let her eat there. Usually sit her on a towel in an attempt to minimize the cleanup ;)

We laid out towels and propped DS up on the sofa when we needed to feed him when he cruised young.

It wasn't ideal but, as previous poster said, you make due without over doing the packing.

When he was old enough, we asked for a high chair for our room.

Some cruise lines have the protective mat on the bed to put your suitcase on, so it doesn't mess up the bedspread. They are a bit heavy, but I think they have a plastic or rubbery surface, cleanable, and could be used under the baby for feeding. EM

We always bring the portable booster seat. DD likes to eat at the table with us not down in the stroller also it gives us a place to feed her in the cabin if we choose. Mostly I just hate waiting and searching for a highchair on the lido deck. We just hang the seat from the back of the stroller, it has never been a problem to lug it around although we do mostly drive to the ports since we live in FL. If we were flying I might think differently.

Julie

Archived