Replacement for CruiseCal

rjbean4

I was just playing around with the Sailwx website cheching on some HAL ship positioning and found a link that looked interesting at the same time. Went to check it out and looks like for those of us that used to go to CruiseCal that we now have to pay for have another website to look for where ships are on a daily basis. Its

www.porttime.com It has just launched and there is two ways to do a search. By ship or port. I went the port route and the entire month of April came up for that port. Then if you click on a specific ship and date you will get that ships itinerary and a listing of other ships in port during its cruise. Just wanted to pass it on.

R. J.

53 cruises on HAL at the age of 43

561 days at sea on 12 different DAM SHIPS

500 day gold medallion holder

Sept.04 Rotterdam Trans Atlantic hurricane Karl survivor

10/08 Canada/New England & Atlantic Coast - Eurodam

12/08 Christmas & New Years - Westerdam

If Holland America doesn't go there WE DON'T GO!!!!

It can show a whole month for a port and I just went back to it to see our itineraries for our next two cruises (Oct. & Dec.) and saw who else would be in port with us. Like the looks of it and have a early impression that it will be a lot more accurate. I found mistakes all the time on CruiseCal and I have a friend that works on the ship for HAL so I always know where he is as well as the fact that I have a ship calendar. I didn't waste the money to subscribe to CruiseCal also for that reason. Its nice to know who else will be in port with us but it does not play a role in our cruise planning. Heck we were part of ONE IMPRESSIVE sight in San Juan on January 2nd when 3 of the 4 Vista class ships were in. We were on the Zuiderdam. Next to us was the Noordam and on the other side of them was the Westerdam. Up till the Noordam sailed for NY at 1pm it was 3 HAL ships docked side by side by side.

R. J.

Sept. 04 Rotterdam Trans Atlantic Hurricane Karl survivor

If Holland America doesn't go there WE DON'T GO!!!!

I have to admit is is really a nice set up and very easy and quick to use. Of couse it still has the Oosterdam sailing out of San Diego in fall 2009 and doing the Panama Canal coming back which we know is not going to happen but then this all recently got canceled.

Thanks again for giving us this link.

OK I have been playing with this site and it looks as though it only gives info when they are actually docked at a pier. Tomorrow the Westerdam will be doing the Panama Canal and it just says it is at sea. Same with when ships are in Alaska and they are at the differenct glaciers.

Fortunately I will continue to give you the exact info from HAL's excel spread sheet.;)

The last 7 and next 7 daysDatePort4/19 SatFort Lauderdale, Florida, USA 4/20 SunNassau, Bahamas 4/21 MonHalf Moon Cay, Bahamas 4/22 TueFort Lauderdale, Florida, USA 4/23 WedHalf Moon Cay, Bahamas 4/24 ThuAt Sea4/25 FriAt Sea4/26 SatCartagena, Colombia 4/27 SunAt Sea4/28 MonAt Sea4/29 TuePuntarenas, Costa Rica 4/30 WedAt Sea5/1 ThuPuerto Chiapas, Mexico 5/2 FriHuatulco, Mexico 5/3 SatAcapulco, Mexico

I am happy they have HMC listed. I see on the day we'll be there, we're the only ship, but on 11/20/08, there are three ships! The Zuiderdam, Maasdam, and Carnival Splendor. Three ships seems like a lot. I wonder if this happens very often?

I saw that - argh! We'll be there that day, on the Maasdam. SIX THOUSAND people - oh my, oh my! I can't imagine how they'll even get folks tendered ashore before nightfall. :( We love that gorgeous island, but are thinking we'd enjoy ourselves more on the ship that day.

It shows Eurodam in the ports where she'll be in July. When you click on the word Eurodam, it produces an itinerary map. Very nice.

Regarding HMC, are we sure that's accurate? I thought they wouldn't have another brand call there while a HAL ship was there. Surely a Carnival ship will not be there, too.

I love how it shows a complete map of all the ports. I don't think CruiseCal did that.

Also there is a link to add information if you find a mistake -- so for the new Oosterdam schedules, let the PortTime webmaster know and I assume it will quickly be updated.

Okay, scavenger hunt time: what's the LARGEST passenger load you can find for any given date/port? My best entry so far is:

12/9 Tue - St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands

Carnival Freedom, Carnival Glory, Carnival Splendor, Norwegian Dawn, Statendam (and Maasdam -- the ship I was searching)

TOTAL PASSENGER LOAD: 14,436

(Okay, I just found a load of 16,179 for Miami, but maybe we should exclude major US embarkation points from this game).

Donna, Is that on November 20th???? I saw that, in my wildest imagination I cannot see them having 3 ships there and one being the Carinval Splendor:eek: That has just got to be a huge mistake. When I get home this evening I will look at my excel spread sheet of all the CCL Corp ships. I do not have it downloaded here at work.

Donna, Is that on November 20th???? I saw that, in my wildest imagination I cannot see them having 3 ships there and one being the Carinval Splendor:eek: That has just got to be a huge mistake. When I get home this evening I will look at my excel spread sheet of all the CCL Corp ships. I do not have it downloaded here at work.

Yes, Lisa - it's November 20th. I like the idea those 6,000 people might be a mistake, and appreciate your offer to check it out.

I'll be watching to see what you find. Thanks!

Carnival is still showing it as a port call -- see

http://www.carnival.com/Itinerary.aspx?embkCode=FLL&itinCode=BA2&durDays=4&shipCode=SL&subRegionCode=BH%20%20%20%20%20%20%20%20&rateCode=BCA&sailingID=45476&sailDate=11/17/2008

Rich

I saw that - argh! We'll be there that day, on the Maasdam. SIX THOUSAND people - oh my, oh my! I can't imagine how they'll even get folks tendered ashore before nightfall. :( We love that gorgeous island, but are thinking we'd enjoy ourselves more on the ship that day.

This is unbelievable. I wonder if HAL and Carnival know.:eek:

Only bright spot and it's a stretch, is that both HAL ships will be there at 8:00 AM while Carnival is not scheduled to arrive till 9:30. I wonder how the cabanas will be allocated. I wonder about a lot of things.

That's not what I was wanting to hear, Rich, but thanks for the research. It won't ruin our cruise, by any means - but we sure wouldn't want to go ashore in the mob.

You're welcome to everyone. I frequently go to sailwx.info to check on the ship positioning and we also have a freind doing the world cruise on the Amsterdam. Along the left there is advertising and thats were I found this new site. No way I wasn't going to share it since CruiseCal is now a subscription. I also noticed when Veendam left from here in Tampa for the season their transit day and day cruising Golfo Dulce was also listed at sea. Hopefuly in time those that have launched this new site will make that adjustment. And three ships listed at Half Moon Cay. I can see 2 HAL ships as we have been there on days like this but not 2 HAL ships and a Carnival ship. I didn't think Carnival would have a ship there the same day as HAL. I have only noticed Carnival having a ship there on days that no HAL ships are scheduled to be there. If this is really scheduled to happen bet the Carnival ship will change their itinerary. Have seen this happen for this reason and the itinerary is done in reverse. Yes HAL is part of Carnival Corp., but its HAL that purchased the island.

R. J.

Sept. 04 Rotterdam Trans Atlantic hurricane Karl survivor

if Holland America doesn't go there WE DON'T GO!!!!

That sure is a lot of people. If there are indeed three ships there that day, like you, I'd probably stay on the ship. Hopefully, one or two of the ships won't be there the same day you will be there. This particular site still shows the Zuiderdam and Maasdam visiting on the 20th, but two ships are a lot better than 3. I'd get off the ship if there were only 2 in port.

Edited to add...

Look what I found on an online booking agency. It looks like the Splendor will be visiting in the 18th instead of the 20th. :)

Nov 17, 2008 FT LAUDERDALE, FL - - - - - 4:00:00 PM

Nov 18, 2008 HALF MOON CAY, BAHAMAS 8:00:00 AM 4:00:00 PM

Nov 19, 2008 GRAND TURK 11:00:00 AM 6:00:00 PM

Nov 20, 2008 FUN DAY AT SEA - - - - - - - - - -

Nov 21, 2008 FT LAUDERDALE, FL 9:00:00 AM - - - - -

Archived