Insurance on a 90 + day cruise

We had to pay an extra fee to Med jet for the + 90 day upgrade to the "expat" level of protection for our 108 day cruise. The cost to us was about $250. For us it is the extra level of protection we felt needed in going to the far corners of the world.

We also bought trip insurance through Allianz. With aging parents and pregnant children it was what we needed this year. Your needs may vary. We hope we wasted this money. This is money you pay in hopes you do not get your money's worth.

Have a happy cruise,

Ilene

For my World Voyage I purchased insurance from Travel Guard. They were able to customize a plan with extra coverage for medical and evacuation. It wasn't cheap but I got much more coverage for the same price as Cunard's insurance and was less costly than Allianz with more coverage (Allianz would not customize).

• 3 months later...
We had to pay an extra fee to Med jet for the + 90 day upgrade to the "expat" level of protection for our 108 day cruise. The cost to us was about $250. For us it is the extra level of protection we felt needed in going to the far corners of the world.

We also bought trip insurance through Allianz. With aging parents and pregnant children it was what we needed this year. Your needs may vary. We hope we wasted this money. This is money you pay in hopes you do not get your money's worth.

Have a happy cruise,

Ilene

Thanks for the info..

• 4 months later...

We have purchased Allianz for the last several trips as they cover pre-existing conditions, med evac, medical, fare coverage, etc. When comparing other insurances, we think we get better coverage at an equivalent price. Ask your TA as ours gets us a small but appreciated discount over web prices.

I am taking Cunard's insurance for the world cruise BUT their coverage is not enough for medical insurance and I am not quite sure how medicare handles it so I called Travel Guard and for $500 for two I can purchase an additional coverage for medical emergencies

• 3 weeks later...
I am taking Cunard's insurance for the world cruise BUT their coverage is not enough for medical insurance and I am not quite sure how medicare handles it so I called Travel Guard and for $500 for two I can purchase an additional coverage for medical emergencies

Great choice!