Southwest fares for January 2017?

TrqoisWtrs

I don't fly Southwest that often; when should I start watching for fares for January 2017? thx! :)

Watch this webpage:

https://www.southwest.com/flight/request-schedule.html?clk=GFOOTER-FLY-FLTSCHEDULES

On Feb 18, Southwest is scheduled to open bookings through Nov 04. They will change this webpage and update it with the next opening, which may or may not include Jan 2017. If not, it will at least show you the next opening date to watch for.

Southwest isn't the only game in town.

Whilst Southwest may appear to be all fuzzy and friendly for the lack of baggage fees it doesn't mean they're cheapest.

Legacy carriers are going to have been selling flights for months way before WN let you have a bite of the cherry.

Great, thanks!

Southwest isn't the only game in town. Whilst Southwest may appear to be all fuzzy and friendly for the lack of baggage fees it doesn't mean they're cheapest. Legacy carriers are going to have been selling flights for months way before WN let you have a bite of the cherry.

Yep, I know. But I'm going on a two week cruise with new ports and could possibly run out of space in my one suitcase and need to check an extra duffle bag. :) I'm only allowed 1 free bag with my cc, so am going to be adding up all possibilities.

Thanks!

Southwest isn't the only game in town.

Whilst Southwest may appear to be all fuzzy and friendly for the lack of baggage fees it doesn't mean they're cheapest.

Legacy carriers are going to have been selling flights for months way before WN let you have a bite of the cherry.

By the time you do add the bag fees, especially if you need more than 1 for a cruise, unfortunately they tend to be, especially here in Pittsburgh. We don't have much choice flying to South Florida on any other carrier nonstop other than some of the low cost carriers.