Thermal Suite Pass

paf910

I'm somewhat confused and need help from CC members who have bought thermal suite passes. My DH and I will be on NCL Pearl leaving Nov. 10th for 9 day cruise. We will be celebrating 40th anniversary. As a gift to ourselves, we are considering a suite pass for the first time. As this is a port intensive cruise, would it be beneficial to buy thermal pass for the week, or hope for them to offer day passes if they don't sell out. I'm afraid we may not use the pass every day. Also, as platinum, I know that we get 25% discount on signature spa services while in port. Would thermal spa qualify. Not sure what signature spa services include.

Any help would be appreciated.

Sent from my SM-T357T using Forums mobile app

I love the Pearl spa. Purchase in advance gives a discount that you don't get should you wait to board. If you plan on using the obc for something else such as a FCC then I'd go ahead and buy in advance. If not planning on using the obc then you can sign up for passes upon embarking.

The coed area of the spa on the pearl is Very nice. Great loungers overlooking sea, ( the heated tile loungers don't overlook sea.) A hot tub and a thasotherapy pool that is awesome along with hot tub. Men's and women's specific areas each have a great sauna overlooking sea, hot tubs, cold plunge pool and steam rooms. They also have nice showers.

Typically quiet and just a great place to enjoy for a couple hours a day. I don't think I'd cruise in the pearl without a pass where as the Jade and Jewel I could pass on -their coed areas aren't as nice.

Booking treatments does not give you access to the thermal suite area. You can pay extra for access after a massage though. But if looking to save $ the massage prices are high and I think the biggest bang for your buck is the thermal pass. Google videos of the Pearl thermal suites to get an idea. Make sure you watch for Pearl specific because other jewel class ships are set up different.

The obc you have can't be used for advance purchase of spa passes so if you wait use obc you will need to purchase onboard and pay more $.

Love the Pearl spa too. I worried about not using it on a port intensive trip too----didn't use it every day but used it more days than not. I decided to shower there some days (as a way to fit it in my schedule) and just went about 1/2 hour before to use the heated loungers, etc.

Enjoy!

For me, the more port-intensive the cruise the more important it is to have a spa pass, and I've had passes both times I've sailed on the Pearl. After a long day in port, I love to go in the pool and soak away the aches. The Pearl spa is quite nice, and I agree with the above that it's much better than the spa on the Jade! I don't think it matters so much if you'l use it every day--will you use it enough to feel it was a good purchase? Only you can answer that. Or, look at it this way, would you regret it if you didn't get it? I know I would!

I love the Pearl spa. During our recent Panama Canal partial transit cruise, it served dual purpose for me. Not only did I use it to relax, but on the return transit, I went to the spa and sat on a lounger and had a bird's eye view of the entire transit since the spa is in the front of the ship.

I love the Pearl spa. During our recent Panama Canal partial transit cruise, it served dual purpose for me. Not only did I use it to relax, but on the return transit, I went to the spa and sat on a lounger and had a bird's eye view of the entire transit since the spa is in the front of the ship.

That was very clever of you.

Sent from my iPhone using Forums

New to NCL ---

What is the approximate price for a 7 day Thermal Pass?

Taking the cruises in my signature for more ship specifics.

On the Escape, the price for a thermal spa pass is $199 (pre-booked) or $219 if you wait to purchase is after you board. Well worth the price! If you're not sure if you want it (or not), when you board, go to the spa and ask them to give you a tour. Then you can decide.

New to NCL ---

What is the approximate price for a 7 day Thermal Pass?

Taking the cruises in my signature for more ship specifics.

Price depends on the ship. I've paid from $139 to $199 for 5-, 7-, and 10-night cruises.

FYI, a lot of people have signatures turned off so referring to information in your signature may mean you won't get as many answers. :)

Thermal suite spa pass 7 day Jade cruise June 2015 $119 bought on embarkation ...last month on the Getaway 9'day cruise $239 booked before the cruise. ( up to $259 once cruise began ) ..

Sent from my iPad using Forums

We were just on the Pearl to Alaska and I bought my husband and me weekly passes as his birthday gift. We LOVED IT! We used it almost every day. It doesn't seem like many people bought passes so there was never many people (and usually they were the same people). We liked being in the quiet....we are not big on the entertainment so the spa was a great place to be. One day no one except us was in there! I think I paid $139 each, before the cruise. They were still selling passes when we embarked and it was $189 each with some kind of aromatherapy promo.

I so want to get a pass for the spa. Our cruise is port intensive somewhat too. But, I bet a 14 day pass on the Breakaway is gonna be steep! I wish we could just buy a one week pass but I don't think that's possible on a 14 day cruise. Ho hum!

We had points on our NCL credit card. I was going to cash them in for OBC. Instead I had them credit my account. Then I purchased our spa passes. Saved the 10% pre-booking price, and technically used what would have been OBC:D

I so want to get a pass for the spa. Our cruise is port intensive somewhat too. But, I bet a 14 day pass on the Breakaway is gonna be steep! I wish we could just buy a one week pass but I don't think that's possible on a 14 day cruise. Ho hum!

I am facing the same problem! We are doing a 14 day on Breakaway and I want spa passes. we have a mid-ship balcony currently and could probably get a spa balcony for somewhere around $170.00 more. To me that would be a great price to get a two week pass for the spa...but we are not interested in actual spa balcony locations. So we will keep our fingers crossed on the price for a pass at the 90 day mark and hope for the best! ;)