Happy Fathers Day

Casper2007

Happy Fathers Day to my son Kris, who lost his 17 yo daughter in a car crash 9 weeks ago. It must be a very sad day for him today. I couldnt ring him and wish him it today, it would be far too painful so I'll just do it here.

Happy Fathers Day to my son Kris, who lost his 17 yo daughter in a car crash 9 weeks ago. It must be a very sad day for him today. I couldnt ring him and wish him it today, it would be far too painful so I'll just do it here.

Hi neicie, so sorry to hear about your granddaughter. It must be a difficult time for Kris. My thoughts & prayers are with you both.

PS I noticed in your sig you have been on the Australis. What did you think of her? I sailed on her in 1975. Have you seen what she looks like now?

Karen

Thanks Karen, my son and his partner are suffering greatly as am I. Your wishes are appreciated.

I was on the Australis as a teenager from Sydney to England. It took just over 6 weeks and I loved every minute of it. I think that was when my love of cruising was first ignited but kids and family took precedence until I was free to do it again. Where is she now? She must be a sad and sorry sight these days or is the grand old lady still cruising the high seas. I will never forget my time aboard. Oh it was great to be young!

Denise

Thanks Karen, my son and his partner are suffering greatly as am I. Your wishes are appreciated.

I was on the Australis as a teenager from Sydney to England. It took just over 6 weeks and I loved every minute of it. I think that was when my love of cruising was first ignited but kids and family took precedence until I was free to do it again. Where is she now? She must be a sad and sorry sight these days or is the grand old lady still cruising the high seas. I will never forget my time aboard. Oh it was great to be young!

Denise

Hi Denise

Check out this website & see pics of what she is today:(

http://www.ss-australis.com/enter.htm

very sad but I suppose it could be worse. Better than being scrapped in Alang. At least this way, divers can have a look at her. I thought she was a beauty and yes, it was my introduction to cruising. I was also a teenager, turning 15 about 2 weeks after we arrived in UK. We also sailed from Sydney to Southamton taking just on 5 weeks. My most memorable moments being the crossing of the Equator and of course the Panama Canal.

Karen

I no longer have a father here to wish a happy day and no hubby

So I wish all fathers a HAPPY FATHERS DAY :D :D

Hi Aunt Frog,

You still have a father, he's just not with us anymore. Gee I miss my Grandad... he would definitely have loved travelling with all the generations!

Cheers,

Charmain:)

Hi Aunt Frog,

You still have a father, he's just not with us anymore. Gee I miss my Grandad... he would definitely have loved travelling with all the generations!

Cheers,

Charmain:)

And I'm sure he's having a wonderful Father's Day knowing that you are all thinking of him.

Karen

Denise, lots of love to you and your family, I could only imagine what it would be like to lose a child.

She is still with you, taking care of you all now:)

Chez

xx

Archived