Ropes course height requirement

KatieCharlotte

I have a very short daredevil eight-year-old. She is 47.5 inches tall without shoes and in recent months has never known whether she will be allowed on various attractions that require her to be 48 inches -- waterslides and inflatable obstacle courses. Whether she is considered tall enough depends on the person running the attraction at that moment.

So.. we will soon be on the Magic. I haven't told her about the ropes course yet because I don't know whether she'll be allowed to do it. She has been waiting years to be tall enough for a ropes course. She is very agile, isn't afraid of heights, and has strong arms. I'm sure she'll be physically capable. Has anyone had any experience with the way they measure kids? Are they extremely strict or is it likely they'll wave her through? Will she have to take her shoes off?

I have a very short daredevil eight-year-old. She is 47.5 inches tall without shoes and in recent months has never known whether she will be allowed on various attractions that require her to be 48 inches -- waterslides and inflatable obstacle courses. Whether she is considered tall enough depends on the person running the attraction at that moment.

So.. we will soon be on the Magic. I haven't told her about the ropes course yet because I don't know whether she'll be allowed to do it. She has been waiting years to be tall enough for a ropes course. She is very agile, isn't afraid of heights, and has strong arms. I'm sure she'll be physically capable. Has anyone had any experience with the way they measure kids? Are they extremely strict or is it likely they'll wave her through? Will she have to take her shoes off?

My recently 5 year old could go on the waterslides, and I'm pretty sure she was right at 42", or just under. They didn't really give her a second look, so I'd guess they'd waive her through. I think the posted height is different than the online height.

The obstacle course is probably a different story as the harness has to fit. If it does, she's probably fine, though she may have difficulty manipulating the rope. I'd trust more first hand knowledge though. My little one didn't try that, but my tall 9 year old had no issues.

The height is 48 with no shoes, I think 47.5 will be fine, it's lots of fun.

With shoes for the ropes course.

https://www.goccl.com/irman/bookccl/shipboard_knowledge/Carnivals_SportSquare.htm

SkyCourse

SkyCourse, the first-of-its-kind ropes course is located on Spa and Sports Deck 12. The spectacular attraction will offer fun and adventure for all, along with magnificent views of the sea nearly 150 feet below. On SkyCourse, thrill-seeking guests can strap into a safety harness and choose from a beginner or intermediate course, traversing across rope bridges, swinging steps and beams suspended above the top deck. Approximately 20 guests at a time can zig and zag along the two 230-foot courses, while friends and family can join in the fun by cheering participants on from the deck. Each of the 20 different elements on the ropes course is named after a notable bridge in the U.S.

Participant Rules

· Guests who would like to experience the SkyCourse must be able to understand and demonstrate knowledge of all safety rules to go without an adult supervisor.

· Only one participant on an activity at a time unless a child is being assisted by a responsible adult.

· Guest must be healthy and in good physical condition. This activity is not recommended for anyone with heart problems, back or joint injuries, those who have had recent surgery or women who are pregnant.

· Guest must be 48” tall to participate in this activity or accompanied by a responsible adult.

· Guest maximum weight is 300 pounds

· Guest must safely fit in the harness

· Guest must ensure that shoes are secure; no flip-flops or open-heal shoes.

I hadn't seen a list of the rules before that said 48 inches OR accompanied by an adult. Either way, it sounds like she'll be fine.

Does anyone know if there's a maximum height for the small slides on the Magic? Does anyone have a photo of the sign? My youngest would love if her siblings could ride with her.

Archived