CCL Shares Hit $50 Today

winddawn

Shares of CCL stock hit $50 today. That's been a long time coming.

Earnings were significantly above forecast that were announced yesterday. Carnival is outperfroming against analysts projections as well. It actually was one of the best reprots for them in recent years (and CCL was the main reason for the good news).

EXCELLENT NEWS indeed! I've contributed heavily to that bottom line, but I've had a fantastic time doing it! Wish I'd bought a lot more stock when I purchased that 100 shares at $30. ;) Considering the bump in price, the dividends, and all the OBC's that the lovely Mrs. and I've received, that was the BEST investment I've made in a long, long time. THANKS CCL!

"SKY"

EXCELLENT NEWS indeed! I've contributed heavily to that bottom line, but I've had a fantastic time doing it! Wish I'd bought a lot more stock when I purchased that 100 shares at $30. ;) Considering the bump in price, the dividends, and all the OBC's that the lovely Mrs. and I've received, that was the BEST investment I've made in a long, long time. THANKS CCL!

"SKY"

I'm right there with you, SkyMaster! I've done my part too to bump up the value of CCL stock. :-) I feel blessed to be able to do that and so thankful that I've been able to enjoy the excellent service that Carnival staff have extended to me. Life is good indeed!

I hope you and the Mrs. continue to enjoy those blessings in good health!

I guess all the booze being smuggled on hasn't hurt the bottom line.

Actually, if you read any of the reports a large part of the increase in earnings was due to increased on board revenue. The recent crackdown on smuggling this past year seems to be paying off.

"SKY"

Right there with you. Bought mine at $24.00. Wishing I'd have bought a couple hundred shares!

I did an analysis on CCL a couple of years ago for a Financial Statements & Analysis course and just finished a similar project for an Auditing course. I was surprised to find that the company was much stronger financially than public opinion. For one, NCL and RCL are highly debt leveraged compared to CCL.

I did an analysis on CCL a couple of years ago for a Financial Statements & Analysis course and just finished a similar project for an Auditing course. I was surprised to find that the company was much stronger financially than public opinion. For one, NCL and RCL are highly debt leveraged compared to CCL.

Correct, both other companies have huge debt ratios.

When I wanted to buy my stock broker went it not a great investment. We bought at 22 then put in a bid if it got to lower than 25 but more. We were on a cruise and when we got home we had bought more! I think it is great stock! Love the OBC. My Stock broker still doesn't think it is great but he humors me.

Iwent to a talk on a Carnival ship in 2009 and the CD talked about Future cruise certificates and mentioned that he thought the stock was a buy @$24. Since then I've bought and sold numerous times and made enough to pay for a couple of cruises. Now I only have the hundred since when I bought back I thought $39 was expensive but cruising Carnival frequently I'm getting the hundred dollar owners credit each time. Win, win. Sadly, I sold my RCCL at a modest profit before it went thru the roof. But on thing I've learned about investing, never fall in love with anything.

When I wanted to buy my stock broker went it not a great investment. We bought at 22 then put in a bid if it got to lower than 25 but more. We were on a cruise and when we got home we had bought more! I think it is great stock! Love the OBC. My Stock broker still doesn't think it is great but he humors me.

I thought stock brokers were extinct. Nearly everyone is trading for under $10 a trade these days. AND if your guy was that good he'd be lying on a beach someplace sipping an umbrella drink.

I thought stock brokers were extinct. Nearly everyone is trading for under $10 a trade these days. AND if your guy was that good he'd be lying on a beach someplace sipping an umbrella drink.

Many times, those "trades" at the cheap, are with small accounts, and smaller, overall investments. I have a "managed" account, which is similar to a "stockbroker", but more diverse with teams. No way could I or would I want to keep track and do all the leg work, managing the account.

Many times, those "trades" at the cheap, are with small accounts, and smaller, overall investments. I have a "managed" account, which is similar to a "stockbroker", but more diverse with teams. No way could I or would I want to keep track and do all the leg work, managing the account.

I am not sure how small is small. I have two accounts managed by a financial advisor. And I have accounts handled by myself with a lot more assets in them.

I just bought at $50 today, lol. Hoping it makes it to $100! I have had some cash sitting and waiting to be invested, so I thought, why not? I can get the $50 OBC and it is a product I believe in. I think it is a sound investment. Obviously has been for all of you guys!

I am not sure how small is small. I have two accounts managed by a financial advisor. And I have accounts handled by myself with a lot more assets in them.

Well the firm I use, under a million is considered "small". :)

HI all!

Yes that was a nice move!:D

PAPERBKWRITER ~ I too sold my RCL at around $42 (bought at $9.50) to buy CCL at around $34 so I'm good. I didn't seem to be getting any OBC from R & that's what I want it for besides the dividends.

You win some & lose some!:o

~ Jo ~ :)

It is doing well today again. I (stop) sold 1k shares of CCL at $44 and bought Candy King, which gained 30+% in weeks. But now that 30% faded out and my remaining CCL is much more solid.