OBC for future cruise booking

CruisingYiayia

What is the OBC for booking a future cruise while onboard? We are thinking about booking a balcony for a 14-day cruise on Eclipse in December 2012 while on the Solstice in March.

Hello Zoe,

You would receive a $ 300 (per cabin) OBC for a 14 night Cruise, if you book onboard. It's an excellent reason to book while on your Solstice sailing. It also gives you another Cruise to look forward to !

I hope this helps. Enjoy your Solstice sailing.

Hello Zoe,

You would receive a $ 300 (per cabin) OBC for a 14 night Cruise, if you book onboard. It's an excellent reason to book while on your Solstice sailing. It also gives you another Cruise to look forward to !

I hope this helps. Enjoy your Solstice sailing.

Thanks, Andy. That's what I thought, I just wanted to confirm on here. The itinerary for the 14-day Eclipse cruise looks wonderful, I just have to convince my husband to go for 14 days!!!

Also, do you know...if we book onboard, will we receive a coupon to give to a friend? On RCCL, if you book onboard, they will give you 2 coupons to give to friends. If they book the same cruise as you, they will receive the same OBC and $100/person deposit. I wish Celebrity offered the same onboard discount for booking a balcony or above as RCCL offers!!

No coupon, but if you know that your friends want to book the same cruise you will be booking on board, you can get the same deal for two more cabins. You must have all their pertinent details -- name, address, credit card number, and they will take out the $100 deposit from their account.

We just got off the Silhouette on the maiden Caribbean voyage. We purchased an open passage for $100.00 each, the credit will be the same, and we DID receive two coupons for family/friends to use if they book on our future sailing.:)

Yes, but you don't get the 3 category upgrade. There's a tradeoff either way.

Unfortunately the upgrade can only be in the same category. So for most there is only a 2 step upgrade but still well worth having. We booked a C1 for the price of a C3. Now just counting down the days

Answering my own question, again.

I called RCI and one can get an open booking future cruise certificate for $100 pp deposit while on board a Celebrity ship. I was cautioned to remind them that it's for RCI and it may take several times for them to get it right. Evidently, it is not easy to transfer the certificate between lines.

Unfortunately the upgrade can only be in the same category. So for most there is only a 2 step upgrade but still well worth having. We booked a C1 for the price of a C3. Now just counting down the days

We did the same. And we loved that we got to pick which cabin we wanted! And I must say it definitely reduced the sting of the cruise ending as we were already looking forward to our next one - even though its a year away!

No coupon, but if you know that your friends want to book the same cruise you will be booking on board, you can get the same deal for two more cabins. You must have all their pertinent details -- name, address, credit card number, and they will take out the $100 deposit from their account.

Actually, you do get a coupon with a certificate number. Your friends/family must book within 30 days, selecct the same ship and sailing date as the guest who supplied the certificate, and provide Celebrity with the master booking #, certificate issue date, ship and sail date on which the certificate was issued, Friends and Family booking #, and Friends and Family guest names. The booking will be cross-referenced with the Master booking @ and you will receive the same OBC as the person making the original booking, as well as the $100 pp deposit.

No need for the original booking person to provide all of this info up front.

Actually, you do get a coupon with a certificate number. Your friends/family must book within 30 days, selecct the same ship and sailing date as the guest who supplied the certificate, and provide Celebrity with the master booking #, certificate issue date, ship and sail date on which the certificate was issued, Friends and Family booking #, and Friends and Family guest names. The booking will be cross-referenced with the Master booking @ and you will receive the same OBC as the person making the original booking, as well as the $100 pp deposit.

And to expound on the above info (which is correct), you can also purchase an "open" booking (in other words, ship/itin/date to be determined at a later date...called a Celebrity Passages certificate) and when you do decide which cruise you want to use it for, you can invite two other guests (meaning, two other cabins) to join you and they will receive the same reduced deposit and OBC). They must book the cruise they are joining you on within 30 days of your booking (not within 30 days of the purchase of the Celebrity Passages certificate, obviously).

One other thing (forgive me if this has already been mentioned and I missed it). Whenever you do a future booking, whether you book an actual cruise while on the ship or you purchase a Celebrity Passages certificate for a future to-be-named cruise), you can just put down one passenger's name and just pay $100 deposit. You don't have to pay the other $100 until you actually add that passenger to the booking. We always purchase future certificates and name either just me or just my husband. That way, we only tie up $100 vs $200, as we may not use that certificate for several years (yeah right, truth be told, those certificates don't hang around unused for very long...lol).

Jo-Ann

Actually we received no coupon at all. Are you referring to the Open Passages certificate or booking a specific cruise while on board?

One other thing (forgive me if this has already been mentioned and I missed it). Whenever you do a future booking, whether you book an actual cruise while on the ship or you purchase a Celebrity Passages certificate for a future to-be-named cruise), you can just put down one passenger's name and just pay $100 deposit. You don't have to pay the other $100 until you actually add that passenger to the booking. We always purchase future certificates and name either just me or just my husband. That way, we only tie up $100 vs $200, as we may not use that certificate for several years (yeah right, truth be told, those certificates don't hang around unused for very long...lol).

Jo-Ann

Absolutely, Jo-Ann! This is the way to do it. :D They sure don't hang around long, but $100 still beats $200!

An issue we have with Celebrity and RCI is that they do not allow cruisers to combine Stockholder credits with the credits you get for booking onboard. Stockholder Credits are great for us since we cruise a lot (on many lines) and our investment in RCL and CCL stocks have paid big dividends. But because they stopped the "stacking" of credits it no longer makes any sense for us to book onboard. This is totally different when on Princess, HA or other CCL companies as they do allow you to stack the obc's.

Hank

I booked a specific cruise onboard last month and a Friends and Family coupon was NOT offered to me. At the time, we didn't have a reason to ask for one, but upon returning home, friends did express an interest in going with us. It was within the 30 days of booking. I called Celebrity to ask if I could add friends so that they could get the reduced deposit and OBC and was told "No", that the additional "coupons" were only for Open Passages (future bookings).

Was this correct? The 30 days has passed so it won't make a difference now but will be good to know for the future.

Thanks.

I did both on the Millie last spring, booked a specific cruise and also bought an Open Passages Certificate. The Friends and Family offer is written on my OP Certificate.

So the FF offer was just written on the OP certificate? Do you have any reason to believe they would have offered you a FF certificate on your specific cruise booking had you asked? Did they offer it?

An issue we have with Celebrity and RCI is that they do not allow cruisers to combine Stockholder credits with the credits you get for booking onboard. Stockholder Credits are great for us since we cruise a lot (on many lines) and our investment in RCL and CCL stocks have paid big dividends. But because they stopped the "stacking" of credits it no longer makes any sense for us to book onboard. This is totally different when on Princess, HA or other CCL companies as they do allow you to stack the obc's.

Hank

Hank, the one exception to the rule is when you book a cruise of 14 or more nights. Stockholder benefit is $250, which is $50 under what you'd be given in OBC for booking the same on board. Otherwise it's a wash.

So the FF offer was just written on the OP certificate? Do you have any reason to believe they would have offered you a FF certificate on your specific cruise booking had you asked? Did they offer it?

As the person alluding that you could do it that way hasn't answered the question I am left with thinking it's just for the Open Passage, and that's what they were referring to.

Archived