What to do in Key West w/ 4yr old

deriam2000

My husband and I are going to be in Key West on Jan 31st with my4yr old, my parents and my brother. My husband, my parents and myself have been before and did alot of walking. Probably too much walking for a 4yr old. I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions on what to do.

I see people talking about a trolley but I think that he would get bored with that really quickly.

The aquarium is nearby. And you could walk along the waterfront to Turtle Kraals to the Turtle Museum. It used to be much better - there's an outdoor pen with skates and rays. And inside there's a barrel with baby sea turtles. Turtle Kraals is a great place for food and refreshments.

Definately put the Butterfly conservatory on your list...its great for all ages! and a couple of blocks up Duval is the best ice cream in the south - Flamingo Crossing, make mine a double - coconut and mango please!

Clay - a key west local

Our daughter was 4 when we took her to Key West last January. We strolered her down Duval Street and nearby. She loved the shops with interesting stuff like shells and small stuffed animals... and the smoothies.

We didn't get to stay late enough that time but in mid afternoon the Mallory Square vendors and performers will arrive and it will be fun through 7pm.

She also loved seeing all the (poor homeless) cats and the pelicans around the wharf.

We passed by a guy doing a status act. I asked her what that was - a statue or a person? She said statue. I said "put this dollar in the hat and let's see."

She LEAPED OUT OF HER SKIN when he moved but recovered when he produced a lollipop from his pocket for her!

Archived