Storm near the Bahamas

lele100

Due to the current position and conditions I'd expect this system to move north off the coast and follow a similar course as Bill did...

By Friday it should be a few hundred miles out to sea off the coast of Georgia. Shouldn't have any significant impact on your cruise...

:)

Looks like there might me a storm being formed near the Bahamas, wonder what that does for 3 day Bahama cruises leaving Friday from Miami?

Your cruise will be fine. By Friday morning, Danny is forecast to be well off the Georgia coast. By Saturday morning he'll be off Virginia.

Until the 12Z Runs come in from the NOAA I'd withhold judgement on exactly where this storm would go. The center of circulation is further south and west than where they're plotting it on the initial track map which implies they guesstimated that graphic. The visible sat imagery is now good enough to see that the exposed center of the storm is SW of the inital plot. This would imply a more westward track, but at the same time the center is barely moving, in response to a potential curve or it's being pulled into the heavy storms to the NE of the center is annyone's guess at this point.

I doubt though it would be heading for Florida and should remain off the coast, but right now nobody knows to any degree how fast this storm will be picked up by the low moving into the NE states right now.

In either case expect waves :(

We leave on the Triumph going to Canada from NYC on Sat 8/29. Looks like path of storm could be up the NE coast and heading toward the Canadian maritimes. Been through a Hurricane in Bermuda in '87 and a few noreasters in the Atlantic. I suspect there will be heavy winds, rain and waves!

Archived