Embassy Suites 17 th or Hyatt Regency Pier 66 Ft. Lauderdale

BTSEN5

If you were it choose, which would you pick? One is close to lots of restaurants etc, the other is close to the water. Are there any major pros or cons to each of them? I am having the hardest time deciding.

There is also the Hilton Marina, which is a bit more expensive. I would love and appreciate any input on these Ft. Lauderdale hotels. Thank you so much!

We have not stayed at the Hyatt but have stayed at both the Embassy Suites and Hilton Marina. The ES is great for its location to restaurants and stores - plus they have a great breakfast and manager's happy hour included in your rate. The pool area is beautiful.

The Hilton Marina is in a beautiful location on the intracoastal waterway. They have a huge pool and nice outdoor bar. The prices for drinks and small plates are up there but we have found the food to be very good.

Check out Last Minute Travel for all of these hotels. You can join their "club" for free and it will show the hotel names.

To answer your question we will choose the Embassy Suites first!

Thanks! I am thinking that too. I walk 3 1/2 miles each day, and ES location looks like it would provide nice walking areas. Also, we will not have a car, so all the restaurants, Total Wine, and grocery store would be very convenient.

Do you know if it is a walkable distance to the beach from ES?

While I also like the ES, and have an upcoming reservation, I have just read Tripadvisor.

Reports are of worn rooms that are slowly being updated. Apparently, ES did not disclose on their website that the top two floors are closed and construction crew are staying in them while work is going on in the hotel. And it can get loud! :rolleyes:

Therefore, we are trying to decide if we should book someplace else. Hope you don't mind my asking a question on your thread. :o

We are flying in late on a Friday night for a 1 night stay before our cruise. We have no need for the beverage reception, but would like a hotel close to someplace where we can run out for a quick bite. The free breakfast is a bonus.

Now, while doing research on a different place to stay, I came across a recommendation for The Hampton Inn North Cruise Port...2301 SW 12th Avenue

The reviews on Tripadvisor are good, and I read one on CC, as well. :) The rooms are newly decorated and large, along with large bathrooms. There is a free breakfast similar to what the Holiday Inn Express offers. Not as lavish as the ES breakfast. That's fine with us because we have the ships lunch to look forward to.

The room fare is less, and they have a free shuttle from airport to the hotel, where the ES does not.

Has anyone else stayed at this Hampton Inn?

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34227-d224305-Reviews-Hampton_Inn_Fort_Lauderdale_Airport_North_Cruise_Port-Fort_Lauderdale_Florida.html

While I also like the ES, and have an upcoming reservation, I have just read Tripadvisor.

Reports are of worn rooms that are slowly being updated. Apparently, ES did not disclose on their website that the top two floors are closed and construction crew are staying in them while work is going on in the hotel. And it can get loud! :rolleyes:

Therefore, we are trying to decide if we should book someplace else. Hope you don't mind my asking a question on your thread. :o

We are flying in late on a Friday night for a 1 night stay before our cruise. We have no need for the beverage reception, but would like a hotel close to someplace where we can run out for a quick bite. The free breakfast is a bonus.

Now, while doing research on a different place to stay, I came across a recommendation for The Hampton Inn North Cruise Port...2301 SW 12th Avenue

The reviews on Tripadvisor are good, and I read one on CC, as well. :) The rooms are newly decorated and large, along with large bathrooms. There is a free breakfast similar to what the Holiday Inn Express offers. Not as lavish as the ES breakfast. That's fine with us because we have the ships lunch to look forward to.

The room fare is less, and they have a free shuttle from airport to the hotel, where the ES does not.

Has anyone else stayed at this Hampton Inn?

http://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotel_Review-g34227-d224305-Reviews-Hampton_Inn_Fort_Lauderdale_Airport_North_Cruise_Port-Fort_Lauderdale_Florida.html

Hampton is fine if you just want a place to sleep. 17th St is a much nicer neighborhood with lots of restaurants.

How is the neighborhood for early am walking. It looks like residential area is really close, but was wondering if getting there would be pretty safe. I would probably be walking by myself, so I want to be sure it is a safe area in that regard.

How is the neighborhood for early am walking. It looks like residential area is really close, but was wondering if getting there would be pretty safe. I would probably be walking by myself, so I want to be sure it is a safe area in that regard.

I would judge the neighborhood to be very safe. I've never really seen the residential areas but 17th St itself always seems to have traffic and people at all hours.

No one answered your question about walking to the beach. I guess it could be done but too far for these old bones! There is the Sun Trolley that runs 17th St from the Harbor Shops (located next to the ES) and will get you to the beach for 50 cents or a dollar.

http://www.suntrolley.com/

Thank you for the Sun Trolley tip. That sounds perfect. I thought too that we could walk to the Hilton to get on the Water Taxi too. I don't think the hilton is too far to walk.

I think that walk all depends on the heat and humidity factor! My husband has done it but I refuse! :-)

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Forums mobile app

We like the Embassy Suites and 17th St. area. If the construction is still going on at ES, the Holiday Inn Express is right down the road on 17th. Then, one can still walk to restaurants and shops also- on one side of the boulevard.

ES has a good lunch menu- we like lunch on the patio.

Outback is within walking distance too.

The Embassy Suites don't have a free shuttle from the airport? I may rethink my reservation. Are there super shuttles or similar? Cost?

Sent from my iPod touch using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app

A cab will cost about $12 from the airport.

Sent from my GT-P3113 using Forums mobile app

Thanks. All in all the cost of the room was so much less than other hotels, it's still a bargain paying for cabs from airport and to the ship.

Sent from my iPod touch using Cruise Critic Forums mobile app