Voltage Adapter

TNCruzer56

Are you asking about plugs or voltage regulators? These are two different things. You only need plug adapters for any electronics, not voltage regulators. I have traveled to Europe many, many times with all types of electronics and have never needed a voltage regulator.

Is your curling iron dual voltage? If so, you will only need a plug adaptor for that as well. If not, it's probably cheaper to buy a dual voltage curling iron than a voltage regulator. There are many options on Amazon.

Edited by grandma*knows*best

We have spent plenty of time in France (and Paris) including most of this past May and never had any problem with power surges. As to Apple products, to the best of my knowledge the chargers that come with the products all handle voltages from 110-240 (France is 220) and we charged our iPad every day. You will need a power "adaptor" which has the standard 2 round prong plugs used throughout much of Western Europe (but not in the UK where they have their own unique plug).

If for some reason you still want to buy a voltage converter they are for sale at Radio Shacks and many online places. But you have to be careful with the converters since they seem to come in 3 different basic configurations. 1. A low wattage converter that only works for lower wattage items such as phone chargers, electric razors, etc. 2. High wattage converters which are for products like hair dryers, curling irons, etc. and then for more money you can get 3. Duel chargers that will work on almost any wattage (although they often have a physical switch for high/low wattage.

We used to carry converters (we do a lot of travel) but since we now have only appliances and chargers that work on any voltage we have not carried a converter in years.

Hank

Edited by Hlitner

We`ll be spending a few days in Paris.

Any ideas (brands/models) about a good to very good electrical adapter.

Primarily for iphones and ipads (gotta protect these), but also for dws curling iron.

TIA!

Hi,

I have good news. I live in France half the year and was delighted to find ipad and iPhone charging wires for Europe on that big retail site starting with an e with a body of water.

I think they are on that site named after big, strong women or a South American Forrest.

I bought mine on the first, it wasn't expensive and is very handy for travel, esp since you can use it in the ships European plug conx and still have the 110v plug available for some other electronic item.

BHV on the rue Rivoli, facing the Hotel de Ville, has a fantastic hardware section in the basement..you can get a plug adapter there..but your hotel might well have loaners.

Have fun! We are going to Paris for a mini hol next week.