Who wears Speedo's on their cruise?

WinnieinWA

Thought I'd lighten up this forum but will probably be sent to the "Lounge"

So:

What type of cabins do speedo wearers book?

What are they thinking??????????????

Do you look?

Do you look away and laugh till you're sick?

Do you look and grieve?

LOL I personally think speedo's are worse than chair hogs! They really hurt my eyes!!!

OK.. what do you think is appropriate for men to wear in public to the main pool that includes women, teens and children?

Thought I'd lighten up this forum but will probably be sent to the "Lounge"

So:

What type of cabins do speedo wearers book? The ones with the most windows and mirrors!

What are they thinking?????????????? God I look good!

Do you look? Like an accident scene...I try not to!

Do you look away and laugh till you're sick? No laughing, just feel sick!

Do you look and grieve? Hmmm. NO.

LOL I personally think speedo's are worse than chair hogs! They really hurt my eyes!!!

It has to pretty much be "Euros" or "Euro Wanna be's!" Of course there are also the Japanese and as another poster mentioned, the occasional Australian. Hey, it gives us something to talk about, for sure!

OK.. what do you think is appropriate for men to wear in public to the main pool that includes women, teens and children?

No comment here....I used to look good in my swimsuit.:rolleyes: I don't want to give up swimming. I LOVE a good coverup!:D

I'm sure if George Clooney, Jake Gyllenhaal, Daniel Craig, Orlando Bloom or David Beckham were on your ship wearing a speedo, I know MANY of you would sneak-a-peek:)! If it were ME? I'm afraid everyone would become violently ill..., so I (along with many MANY others) should never hink about wearing a speedo:eek:! Same goes for bikini's - some ladies have way too much junk in their trunk to be sporting around like a Playboy Bunny!

This is a bit I did on Speedo's from a "review" I did on the Jewel:

Day 5 – At Sea

We are sailing for Estonia, and the weather is actually quite pleasant. SailorJill and I decide to go on deck, grab a lounge, read a good book and work on our tans.

After settling into a lounge and glancing about I reached the conclusion that the pool is not a friendly place for the older male with an ego.

As we age, gravity begins to affect the body and we find that (among other things) the hair on the top of our heads begins to migrate south to our backs…and to other nether regions. In gravitational physics this is referred to as the “what grows up must grow down” theorem. This inevitable migration places the aging male in an extremely disadvantageous position when wearing swimming attire. Especially, apparently, among many European men.

As I lay here with my bucket of Corona, I think I may have stumbled upon a plot by which the feminist movement applied this theorem in devising a scheme to level the playing field between men and women. I think Gloria Steinem, Bella Abzug, and Helen Ready got together around a table in the garment district of New York:

Gloria: We should design a bathing suit for those strutting peacocks that will make them look as ridiculous as they really are.

Bella: Yes, it should accentuate their beer bellies, wooly backs, and hairy butts.

Gloria: And we should market them to older European men on cruise ships.

Bella: We should call them… let me see. Yes! We will call them…Speedos!

Helen: I am woman… hear me roar.

I warned SailorJill not to look towards the pool and told her that, at the next port, we will purchase custom sunglasses – ones that block out both harmful UV rays and damaging images of to-tight Speedos.

There is maybe one type of man that can get away with wearing a speedo - that;'s a man with a pperfect body....

On that note we were on the Spirit a couple of years ago and there was an older guy who had no rightto, but wore a speedo everyday walking around the ship. It was horrific LOL! :rolleyes:

Last year, we were on the Gem. There was one older gentleman who insisted on strutting around the Bali Hai Bar overlooking the pool. The best way to describe what he was wearing was a gold lame cod piece held by strings. All he would do is walk up and sit on the bar stool showing off his short comings.

It was enough to sober one right away! My DW would always break out laughing.

I think the majority of men wearng speedos should be wearing something akin to the old fashioned swimsuits frm the early 1900's which was a combination trunks and tank top.

Seriously though, Europeans are just way less hung-up (-UP... :D) about these things.

Speedos are the suit of choice when Germans are bathing, Aussies too. They call them "budgie-smugglers".

I couldn't get away with them...but Sabato Jr. could. Definately. :cool:

No one, and I mean No one looks good in a speedo, Seriously....you don't:eek:

Actually my swimming trunks are Speedo's....they come down to above my knees and even have a pocket or two...and I look darn good in them...LOL

:D

5813705.jpg

Edited by kelz66

Seriously though, Europeans are just way less hung-up (-UP... :D) about these things.

Speedos are the suit of choice when Germans are bathing, Aussies too. They call them "budgie-smugglers".

I couldn't get away with them...but Sabato Jr. could. Definately. :cool:

Indeed, not so much less hung up but more a liberal view. Visit any beach in Europe in summer and you will be getting far more than you bargained for in terms of dress for the males and lack of dress for the females.

I have a speedo one piece bathing costume that I wear every day to go to the local pool to do my lenghts. It has good bust support and keeps my tummy in.

Why all the abuse for people who wear the speedo brand?

I was not referring to the BRAND but what we call Speedo's look like a girls bikini bottom and covers very little and it is on a man.

LOL Coka! :D

On my last cruise there was a huge man with a huge beer belly and wore silver speedo. It almost blinded me!!! He hung out day and night by the pool. Pretty gross!

SailorJack, I love reading your reviews!!!! Thanks!

Edited by WinnieinWA