RCI Cruise in 4 weeks - UK passport renewal

He should be able to book an appointment for same day service. But, normally at this time of year, it should only take about 2 weeks. I use to work at the Newport Passport Office and we would be starting to get quiet now.

Edited by newport dave

He should be able to book an appointment for same day service. But, normally at this time of year, it should only take about 2 weeks. I use to work at the Newport Passport Office and we would be starting to get quiet now.

Oh great thanks. I'll bug him to send it off tomorrow (does post office checking help the speed ?????). This will give it 4 weeks.

Oh great thanks. I'll bug him to send it off tomorrow (does post office checking help the speed ?????). This will give it 4 weeks.

That can help, yes. They will check everything for you and whilst it isn't 100% that things will go smoothly, it can eliminate some unnecessary delays.

I would strongly suggest the same day service. I just think that with all the issues earlier in the summer, it would be worth it for your piece of mind.

We're also cruising in 4 weeks! (First time, eek!!!)

I renewed my sons passport (UK) last month using post office check and send and it took only 10 days to be returned. Just offering some recent personal experience.

It was on the news this morning that due to problems with delays this summer extra measures have been put in place in the passport office and there is a call to reimburse all who paid for fast track as everyone is being treated as fast track at the moment.

Hi, I am going in a cruise on Adventure in 4 weeks with a friend from the UK.

His passport has expired. Does anyone in the UK currently know how long renewals are taking please?

Renewed mine 2 weeks ago using the Post Office check system, received text to say they have received my application and on the 9th day received further text to say Passport is being printed, received old passport 10th day and new passport on the 11th day! :)

I used the online system in June. I thought it was brilliant! At the time there were lots of delays with the Passport Office. All I did was fill in the form on line, pay on line, print out and sign a declaration, put that and my old passport in an envelope and 6 days later received new passport! No problems at all. However, it did seem a bit odd that my new passport came from Northampton, my old (now cancelled) passport came from Liverpool, I sent the form to Newport,S. Wales and the money was taken in Durham!

Simon