Private Victoria tours

Has anyone done a private tour to Butchart Gardens in Victoria? If so, who did you use?

Our ship is only docked from 7:00-2:00 and the scheduled tour companies only have 1 tour starting at noon as it's the off season in November.

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Our ship is only docked from 7:00-2:00 and the scheduled tour companies only have 1 tour starting at noon as it's the off season in November.
November? I strongly recommend the gardens during the summer.... but November will not have much blooming flowers/colours.

I'm tempted to skip it. What do others think?

Butchart Gardens is a world-class garden, beautiful year-round, but spring and summer seasons are spectacular. You could DIY with a cab if you can't make the tour.

And, if you decide to forgo the visit to the gardens on this trip, my suggestion is a visit to the Royal BC Museum, which is not too far from where the ship docks and is a wonderful museum--even if you aren't a museum buff.

Thanks for your input. Good idea about skipping the gardens. I'm sure a Seattle trip is in our future and we can go when more is blooming. A nice downtown visit may be the best bet. Especially as we are not in town for very long.

Butchart Gardens is a world-class garden, beautiful year-round, but spring and summer seasons are spectacular. You could DIY with a cab if you can't make the tour.

And, if you decide to forgo the visit to the gardens on this trip, my suggestion is a visit to the Royal BC Museum, which is not too far from where the ship docks and is a wonderful museum--even if you aren't a museum buff.

The Royal BC Museum is amazing. I love the Wooley Mammoth.

• 3 weeks later...
Has anyone done a private tour to Butchart Gardens in Victoria? If so, who did you use?

Any ideas would be appreciated.

Thanks

Just was with a large CC group we used "surfside" great service and very accommodating.

Ride is about 30 minutes from town, 2hrs is good.. so figure.

cruisinbob

The Royal BC Museum is amazing. I love the Wooley Mammoth.

The Royal BC is an excellent attraction however for most people with a late afternoon or evening stop in Victoria it doesn't work as it is only open on Friday and Saturdays until 10 pm during the summer and closes at 5 pm on other days.

• 1 month later...

Butcharts garden is amazing especially in the summer, and the museum is great too,often with a travelling feature on loan from somewhere exciting in the world. But my vote goes to something you cannot duplicate anywhere else in the world.

See batemancentre.org and find your way to his centre located right on the Inner Harbour in front of the legislative buildings. A 1/2 hour flat walk fromthe pier,or take a horse drawn buggy for fun.

Robert Bateman is a BC resident, living nearby on Saltspring Island. He is a very well known and widely acclaimed artist of nature in all its glory. He is also a vocal conservationalist, and has been honoured with dozens of awards and citations for both his art and his philosophy. The centre opens at 10.00 am, and costs 12.50 or 8.50 if you are a senior. There is a nice Cafe, and gift store as well as several themed galleries of his work from his youngest years up to current times. He was 85 in May/15 and still paints daily.

If your know his work, treat yourself to a time of immersion. If you have yet to meet his huge talent and heartfelt concern for our planet, be prepared to be

awed.

Reply With Quote Multi-Quote This Message Quick reply to this message