Anything out there between SeaDream and chartering a super-yacht?

Ragnar Danneskjold

Any lines or shared-charter companies out there that run ships about the size of the SeaDream ships, but with half the number of cabins. And have cabins that are much larger than SD, perhaps with balconeys? And perhaps a slightly higher service crew ratio? At maybe twice or so the tariff of a SD cruise? And while wishing, how about a no kids policy.

I've poked around but not seeing any choices short of chartering a full super-yacht.... and ol' Ragnar ain't that rich, and ain't got that many friends :o

Any lines or shared-charter companies out there that run ships about the size of the SeaDream ships, but with half the number of cabins. And have cabins that are much larger than SD, perhaps with balconeys? And perhaps a slightly higher service crew ratio? At maybe twice or so the tariff of a SD cruise? And while wishing, how about a no kids policy.

I've poked around but not seeing any choices short of chartering a full super-yacht.... and ol' Ragnar ain't that rich, and ain't got that many friends :o

If you charter that big yacht, Yall got friends out here in Arizona...:eek::D:D

When we were last in Tahiti in 2014, the ship Tu Moana was also in Papeete. It's not a large ship and reminded us of SeaDream.

Built in 2003, Crew/Guest ratio seems to be ~1:1 with Max guests 40.

Accord to the web: The rating for children is Unsuitable. There are no facilities on this ship for children.

I'm sure you can Google it by searching "Tu moana max passengers" and selecting the first entry re: Choose Cruising.

Regards,

Paul

• 1 month later...
When we were last in Tahiti in 2014, the ship Tu Moana was also in Papeete. It's not a large ship and reminded us of SeaDream.

Built in 2003, Crew/Guest ratio seems to be ~1:1 with Max guests 40.

Accord to the web: The rating for children is Unsuitable. There are no facilities on this ship for children.

I'm sure you can Google it by searching "Tu moana max passengers" and selecting the first entry re: Choose Cruising.

Regards,

Paul

It's "Tere Moana" I think you're talking about.

Edited by Wendy The Wanderer